GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under car photos anyone?

tmehanna

Passed Driver's Ed
Very unlucky day for my beloved Golf. Within the course of 24 hours, I start the engine after a 30 minute stop and it starts for a second then switches off on its own and the MFD says "Error: Gearbox" so I switch off the ignition and immediately restart and all is good. I am suspecting early mechatronics symptoms :(

Twelve hours later I hit debris from a blown truck tire on the highway and my underbody spoiler panel comes loose upfront where it connects to the bumper and starts dragging on the road for 5 miles till I reach a gas station and have it temporarily reattached. I have ordered the part over the phone but I was wondering if anyone has any undercar pictures or diagrams for reference when I replace the panel. I am suspecting the underbody protection that connects to it is also damaged :mad:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thank you VERY MUCH Dave. Your're s star. I couldn't have asked for more :)

I'm finalising a BIG "How-to guide" to install a rough road protection package on the MK7 guide.

Keep your eye on the DIY section as I'll post it in there, as per my other How-to guides

:cool:

tmehanna

Passed Driver's Ed
It seems the damage was a lot more extensive than originally thought. The entire front assembly will be replaced as well as the radiator which sustained a small hit and that's besides the front spoiler and the underbody protection panel!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It seems the damage was a lot more extensive than originally thought. The entire front assembly will be replaced as well as the radiator which sustained a small hit and that's besides the front spoiler and the underbody protection panel!

OUCH!..............:eek:

I know that things have quietened down in your country now, but are you sure that you didn't go over a mine?...........;)

tmehanna

Passed Driver's Ed
OUCH!..............:eek:

I know that things have quietened down in your country now, but are you sure that you didn't go over a mine?...........;)

LOL, that's what I told the service adviser who replied that he has seen MUCH more extensive damage from hitting blown tires on highways, but at that point I didn't bother asking how it could be worse.