GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UM ECU tune questions

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have any experience with a UM tune and getting a catless DP? I am wondering if this is something that has to be flashed again or does their "loaded" tune account for such things?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You don't really need to tune it again for the catless DP but you could get a CEL if UM doesn't turn off the CEL with their tunes.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
You don't really need to tune it again for the catless DP but you could get a CEL if UM doesn't turn off the CEL with their tunes.
Yeah I know it's not something that needs to be tuned but was wondering about the CEL especially for emissions testing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If your state does visual or actual tailpipe emissions obviously you won't pass.
I've read about a few guys passing with a catless DP using a spacer for the 02 sensor but the vast majority just put their catted DP back on for emissions.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
If your state does visual or actual tailpipe emissions obviously you won't pass.
I've read about a few guys passing with a catless DP using a spacer for the 02 sensor but the vast majority just put their catted DP back on for emissions.
Maryland use OBD2 for all cars that have it, no sniffer or visual inspection.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Maryland use OBD2 for all cars that have it, no sniffer or visual inspection.
If you can use a spacer for the 02 sensor and not get a CEL you might pass. If your tuner turns off the CEL you won't pass the readiness state. If will be extremely difficult to pass without the catted DP.