GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1671156884166.jpeg

I’m pulling for the plucky little bastards!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
There's a lot more that goes into the equation that people are overlooking. With this deal, Putin got exactly what he wanted - he showed how "woke" the west is (whether or not that is true) AND he got his guy back.

That wouldn't have happened with Whelan.

It was a very bad move.
It's this.

I don't have a problem with a government working to free its citizens. I have a problem with the manner in which this was done, and who we released in exchange. It's celebrity worship over our own "values".

Either the U.S. got played like a fiddle or palms were greased and they just needed to facilitate a public enough spectacle to sell the story. I don't like the reality behind either option.

cb1111

It's this.

I don't have a problem with a government working to free its citizens. I have a problem with the manner in which this was done, and who we released in exchange. It's celebrity worship over our own "values".

Either the U.S. got played like a fiddle or palms were greased and they just needed to facilitate a public enough spectacle to sell the story. I don't like the reality behind either option.
This

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Yep. I'm not quite sure what the backstory is on that teacher though.
Sounded like that teacher did a lot of good for a lot of diplomat’s kids. I don’t know all that much either but it would seem that he could have gotten out easier if he did know/ work for diplomats.

cb1111

1671247696307.png

Ukrainian drones are making life hell for Russian troops in Crimea (msn.com)

Russian rape gangs who attacked Ukraine children as young as four targeted by prosecutors (msn.com)

Putin's latest failed arms smuggling operation is a true 'sign of desperation': congressman (msn.com)

Putin Ally Admits Friendly Relationship Saved Country From Russian Invasion (msn.com)

Russia Loses 43 Tanks in 1 Week as Troops Struggle to Advance: Ukraine (msn.com)

Moscow Accuses U.S. of Direct Involvement in Attacks on Russian Territory (msn.com)

A Nightmare Scenario: Putin Keeps Losing Countless Soldiers in Ukraine (msn.com)

Russia deploys strategic bombers to launch cruise missiles on Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian Diplomat Injured After Package Sent to Him Explodes (msn.com)

Russian Official Allegedly Opened Mail Bomb Thinking Son’s Head Was Inside (msn.com)

Russia Suffering Crippling Loss in Ukraine Threatens World Order: Kissinger (msn.com)

US responds to Russia's threats over Patriot missile systems (msn.com)

Russia Bolstering Crimea Defenses as Hold on Peninsula Threatened: Ukraine (msn.com)

'Heavy losses': Ukraine soldiers count war's cost away from front (msn.com)

Biden official tells Congress Ukraine could take back Crimea: report (msn.com)

Putin Strikes Back: Russian Military Back on Offense in Ukraine? (msn.com)

Russia launches another major missile attack on Ukraine (msn.com)

Ukraine Deradicalized Its Extremist Troops. Now They Might Be Preparing A Counteroffensive. (msn.com)

Russian media: Wagner Group executes 10 mercenaries for refusing to fight in Ukraine (msn.com)

General Staff: Russia fortifies Crimea, Kherson Oblast amid concerns about Ukrainian offensive. (msn.com)

A Million Shells and More: Pentagon Revs Up Ukraine Weapons Aid and Bolsters Stockpiles (msn.com)

Ukraine says Russia has enough missiles for several more massive strikes (msn.com)

Ukraine war: EU drone export ban; Putin visits Belarus, Potanin sanctioned | Watch (msn.com)

Meet Sergey Lavrov, Putin's voice outside of Russia (msn.com)

Ukraine war providing lessons for future conflicts (msn.com)

Reporter's Notebook: Making Russia pay for Ukraine invasion (msn.com)

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I can’t remember if it was here or somewhere else but I’m excited for Ukraine to get some Patriot missiles. So stoked for Ukraine to end this shit. The so called Russian rape gangs make me feel like joining an Inglorious Bastards type mission. Me and my comfy life, what a disappointment that I’m not fighting the good fight.

cb1111

I can’t remember if it was here or somewhere else but I’m excited for Ukraine to get some Patriot missiles. So stoked for Ukraine to end this shit. The so called Russian rape gangs make me feel like joining an Inglorious Bastards type mission. Me and my comfy life, what a disappointment that I’m not fighting the good fight.
There are all sorts of ways to help without going there or donating money.

cb1111

1671329671475.png

Putin Is Really Angry: Ukraine’s Mines Keep Killing Russian Tanks (msn.com)

Putin’s Mine War Against Ukraine Is a Failure (msn.com)

Deal reached for new non-Russian power source for Europe (msn.com)

Russian State TV Host Admits People Were Wrong To Joke About U.S. Weapons (msn.com)

Ukrainian soldier downs Russian cruise missile with nothing but a machine gun (msn.com)

Israeli in US smuggled 'sensitive' tech used for nukes to Russia (msn.com)

Russian troops have turned to Wikipedia to find instructions on handling weapons and used 1960s-era maps in the country's invasion of Ukraine: NYT (msn.com)

Would Russia Start a War with America over Patriot Missiles for Ukraine? (msn.com) They must be worried…

How Ukraine Is Becoming One Massive Tank Graveyard (msn.com)

Russian Lawmaker: Moscow Will Use Missiles to 'Burn' Europeans With Napalm (msn.com)

Russia Has Suffered 'Strategic Defeat' As War Nears 10th Month: Igor Girkin (msn.com)

Did The Russians Sabotage Ukraine’s Neptune Missiles? (msn.com)

Russia installs shield over Zaporizhzhia nuclear storage site (msn.com)

Video Shows Russian Cruise Missile Blasted Out of Sky Near Kyiv (msn.com)

Russia's Bakhmut Problems Show Putin 'Overestimated' His Forces: Commander (msn.com)

Russia announces territorial advances in Ukraine’s Donetsk region (msn.com)

Russia’s ability to mount Kyiv offensive questioned by analysts (msn.com)

General Staff: Russia withdrawing some forces from Kakhovka, Nova Kakhovka in Kherson Oblast (msn.com)

Russia sends St. Petersburg riot police to Mariupol to stop new protests (msn.com)

Top Ukrainian general says country is preparing for Russian invasion from the north | Watch (msn.com)

Russian oligarchs and companies have filed more than 60 lawsuits with the European Court of Justice to defend themselves against the sanctions. (msn.com)

Out of ideas? Putin demands proposals from armed forces for further action (msn.com)

Russia Changes Drone Launch Site Over Crimea Vulnerability Concerns: U.K (msn.com)

Putin’s Plan to Win in Ukraine: Kill the ‘Lights’ and Make People Freeze (msn.com)

Moldova suspends six channels over Ukraine 'disinformation' (msn.com)

Russia accuses Moldova of censorship for suspending six TV channels with Russian-language content (msn.com)

Russia admits that progress in establishing a protection zone at the Zaporiyia power plant «is impossible». (msn.com)

Russia’s Shadowy Mercenary Air Force Is Losing More And More Jets In Ukraine (msn.com)

Air raid alerts went on across Ukraine following Russian jets reportedly taking off from Belarus (msn.com)

Moscow appeals for army recruits to fight in Ukraine through propaganda videos (msn.com)

Ukraine’s Fear: Putin Has a Secret Plan to Take Kyiv? (msn.com)

Poland's top cop set off grenade launcher by accident (msn.com)

Putin Will Get Angry: America Will Train More Soldiers from Ukraine (msn.com)

Ukraine scrambles to restore power, water after Russian attacks (msn.com)

Putin says Russia may adopt preemptive first strike nuclear policy (msn.com)

Preparing for the Final Collapse of the Soviet Union and the Dissolution of the Russian Federation | Hudson Interesting read

Patriot Missiles to Ukraine and TikTok Propaganda | Hudson

NATO Needs a New Strategy for the Baltic Sea | Hudson

Strengthening Defense in an Unstable World | Hudson

Putin Lost ‘Entire Units’ In His Disaster of a War in Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian Envoy Says It May Seem U.S. 'Winning,' But New World Order Rising (msn.com)

A Million Russians Call Surrender Hotline as Death Toll Nears 100K: Intel (msn.com)

Ukraine’s Super-Upgraded M-55S Tanks Have Equipped A New Kind Of Brigade (msn.com)

Putin’s Next Problem: LEGO-Style Tanks and Airplanes Raising Cash for Ukraine (msn.com)

CIA Director: China has been paying 'careful attention' to Russia's poor military performance in Ukraine (msn.com)

Ukraine Situation Report: Assessing The Possibility Of A New Russian Offensive On Kyiv (msn.com)

Bad News, Putin: Russia Will Get Slapped with New Sanctions (msn.com)

Russia is trying to make Ukraine suffer before air defense arrives - analysis (msn.com)

Putin Is Mad: Ukraine Says ‘More Military Capabilities’ Coming (msn.com)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So they definitely got help from a third party and are using "temperature inversion" to explain away how they definitely DIDN'T get help. ;);)

I know I've brought this up before but.......why? Why trade for her at all, especially trade a arms dealer for a WNBA player who brought drugs into a country where those drugs are illegal. I understand to some degree the idea that it is a government's job to protect its citizens at home and abroad but this trade just doesn't make any sense. Unless you consider that an arms dealer has plenty of cash and plenty of palms were likely greased to make this happen on both ends of the table. Too bad for Whelan he doesn't have a great layup or black market money.
Stupid to take cannabis to Russia, but it was prescribed, and they usually don't jail in cases like that. Not sure if trading Bout was a good idea or not, but it's obvious her arrest was political.

As far as Whelan, he's an interesting character. Dishonorable discharge from Marine Corps and holds citizenship in 4 countries. Makes me wonder if he was spying for someone, not necessarily the US.

Anyway, other than an official from the most dishonest administration in US history, there's no indication Russia was going to release Whelan and Trump didn't so much as mention the guys name in the two years after he was arrested. The great negotiator left him there to rot. Remember, he only likes people that don't get captured.

Last edited:

cb1111

1671412148455.png

Vladimir Putin's Former Confidante And 'Top Chef' Rumored To Be Planning Coup: 'This Is Uncharted Territory' (msn.com)

Ukraine war latest: Ukraine issues escalation warning ahead of Putin-Lukashenko talks (msn.com)

Ukraine War: Fragile Morale Russian Weakness (msn.com)

Beginning Of The End Of Putin? Opposition Leader Says 'He Is Falling Apart And He Is Clearly Aware Of It' (msn.com)

Kissinger calls for a negotiated peace in Ukraine, Kyiv dismisses his proposal (msn.com)

Moscow reports one killed, eight wounded in Ukrainian attack on Russian Belgorod region (msn.com)

Russian convicts recruited to fight in Ukraine were warned they'd be shot if they deserted. One who did was returned to Russia — and was killed with a sledgehammer instead. (msn.com)

Russian Official Admits Putin's War Going Badly: 'We're on the Defensive' (msn.com)

Zelenski adds border with Belarus to Ukrainian Army’s priorities (msn.com)

What Are Russia's Avangard Missile Systems? Putin's 'Invincible' Weapon (msn.com)

Russian soldiers drafted to Ukraine were told they wouldn't have to actually fight anyone, report says. Many of them were swiftly killed. (msn.com)

Zelensky is facing a Valley Forge moment (msn.com)

Russian leading actress brands Putin a 'maniac of 21st century' (msn.com)

Zelenskiy says Ukraine preparing for all defence scenarios (msn.com)

Putin’s Next Giant Ukraine Problem: ‘Fragile Morale’ (msn.com)

Belarus leader says situation ‘escalating’ ahead of rare Putin visit (msn.com)

Moscow accuses Ottawa of leading isolation effort, amid squabble over tweets, summons (msn.com)

Russia Can Finally See that Putin’s ‘Days Are Numbered’ (msn.com)

Ukraine’s military says it killed 16 Russian soldiers in Luhansk Oblast. (msn.com)

General: Putin will push for Belarus' broader involvement in war against Ukraine. (msn.com)

General Staff: Ukraine repels Russian attacks near 15 settlements in Donetsk, Luhansk oblasts (msn.com)

Amazon helped rescue the Ukrainian government and economy using suitcase-sized hard drives brought in over the Polish border: 'You can't take out the cloud with a cruise missile' (msn.com)

Ukraine updates: Russian clowns 'unlikely' to help troop morale (msn.com)

Russia cancels New Year’s celebrations to fund its fledgling army in Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian Defense Minister Shoigu makes claimed "visit" to troops in occupied Ukraine (msn.com)

BBC: Putin meets generals as bombs fall on Ukraine ahead of new Russian offensive? (msn.com)

Putin's invasion of Ukraine opened 'gates of hell': Anglican leader (msn.com)

UK prime minister to reaffirm support for Ukraine at Baltic summit (msn.com)

After heavy Russian rocket fire – millions of Ukrainians have electricity again (msn.com)

If You Invested $1,000 In Donald Trump NFTs, Here's How Much You'd Have Now (msn.com)

Ukraine won’t allow Putin to steal their Christmas cheer (msn.com)