GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to seek professional help ... ... ... no, not a VW mechanic.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
This was just taken as the alert came on this afternoon

front right tyre

front left tyre

Not much to see with the eye?

I will inflate the tyre before my next journey, but it's about 3psi down.

Stripey

Ready to race!
Arrived home this evening to hear a front tyre hissing at me and gradually deflating. I checked the pressure and it was down to 28psi (I didn't notice it handling any different) but the TPMS didn't alert me to the fact it was deflating. I left it a while til it was down to 20psi and drove to the end of the road and back but still nothing on the TPMS. And yes, it was set correctly when I checked the pressures previously! So I'm still not convinced on the resilience of this system.

tmehanna

Passed Driver's Ed
Arrived home this evening to hear a front tyre hissing at me and gradually deflating. I checked the pressure and it was down to 28psi (I didn't notice it handling any different) but the TPMS didn't alert me to the fact it was deflating. I left it a while til it was down to 20psi and drove to the end of the road and back but still nothing on the TPMS. And yes, it was set correctly when I checked the pressures previously! So I'm still not convinced on the resilience of this system.
I am suffering the exact opposite of this: Second false alarm with less than 2000 miles on the clock. Once it said check tire pressure without specifying which corner, I checked and tires were about psi over the set pressure due to some fast driving on a very hot day. Second time said check front right and it was 1 psi over set pressure and front left. Very annoying.

Stripey

Ready to race!
Had a flat tyre a few days ago (via a pothole) and I noticed this before the TPMS did. Well, the TPMS thought everything was fine until I put the space saver on and then it tells me there is a loss of pressure!