GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune or Don’t Tune your Mk7

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yes it does. Thanks for the useless troll post. Hope you reach your post # stat pad goal for the day.

Why do people think that people care about post count lol. I wasn't trolling, I was informing that there are in fact units to torque. You didn't add 40 torques to your car, you added 40 ftlbs of torque. For some reason its something many people dont know so I stated it...

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Why do people think that people care about post count lol. I wasn't trolling, I was informing that there are in fact units to torque. You didn't add 40 torques to your car, you added 40 ftlbs of torque. For some reason it's something many people dont know so I stated it...

I corrected that for you. Some people don't know there should be an apostrophe in it's, so I'm kindly pointing it out for you. Same with "dont".

mk6-k

Ready to race!
When I purchased my 16 MK7 GTI, the dealer here in Delaware is a PERFORMANCE-FRIENDLY dealer. So when I bought the car, I had them do the APR stage 1. I had APR on my MK6 GTI, never had any issues. With the MK7 I eventually went to Stage II and needed a clutch after a month, that was 2 1/2 years ago. I just recently went IS38 and everything is real good so far. Outside of the clutch(which I knew would fail) I've had no problems

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
When I purchased my 16 MK7 GTI, the dealer here in Delaware is a PERFORMANCE-FRIENDLY dealer. So when I bought the car, I had them do the APR stage 1. I had APR on my MK6 GTI, never had any issues. With the MK7 I eventually went to Stage II and needed a clutch after a month, that was 2 1/2 years ago. I just recently went IS38 and everything is real good so far. Outside of the clutch(which I knew would fail) I've had no problems

what clutch did you install? Did you stick with APR for your IS38 tune?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Why low torque over high torque?

I'm low torque 91 tune for Unitronic, even though I paid for 93 high torque tune. I just enjoy more-OEM power output. I feel safer and sleep better knowing my engine isn't maxing out itself and the fuel it's using. Leaving a little on the table isn't inherently bad.

It also gets absolutely zero timing pull, running 93 on a 91 tune. So yeah I like an engine that operates at 100%, 100% of the time. Versus a 93 tune on 93 that operates at 110% 75-90% of the time.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Nobody that tuned their GTI ever said.... "I shouldn't have done that"

Everybody says... "Holy chit man, that is an amazing difference, what the heck was I waiting for"

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Nobody that tuned their GTI ever said.... "I shouldn't have done that"

Everybody says... "Holy chit man, that is an amazing difference, what the heck was I waiting for"

Sure they've said that.
I've seen it on these very forums.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
kinda on topic......took the two lane blacktop back road fun ride last night on way home. speeds ranging from 2-3x the speed limit. Fun was had! This car really is amazing as a do-all car. Evidently the chassis will let you go even faster. Have fun but be safe.

Mud

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
This^
And if you feel you don't need to down low power and wanna save clutch then change settings into clutch saver map. Worth the money over just a JB1.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes, send it...er...I mean TUNE IT!!!!