GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Treadstone FMIC coupler issue

AaronC1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 White SE DSG
So this driver's side coupler has blown off 3 times now. First time was on the factory pipe side, so I cinched it up better on that side. The last 2 times has been on the FMIC pipe side. I feel if the rubber coupler was just a touch longer, there would not be an issue. The other coupler/connection of this FMIC pipe is snug and seemingly connected as designed. However, it does have a bit of play, moving where the rubber coupler is. Clamps are secured very tight, in fact I feel if it was tighter that FMIC pipe would be getting crushed.

I've been driving slow and with the traction control on so I don't blow it off again until I find a better solution. I am running MAPerformance Stage 2 tune via Cobb.

Where can I find a longer coupler of this size at a reasonable cost? Any other thoughts?

IMG_20200806_171208.jpg
IMG_20200806_172048.jpg

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Alternatively you could try a clamp that isn't that wide. Then you'd have some hose behind the clamp.

AaronC1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 White SE DSG
Alternatively you could try a clamp that isn't that wide. Then you'd have some hose behind the clamp.
Yeah the clamp covers most of the coupler, there's that bit where it slides some when it gets really tight.