GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trade gti for 2013 mcs?

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Time value of money saved per month alots more investment potential in the near term. For me, that is in the distribution of extra cash for my REIT and etf plays. The risk reward here matters.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
But yes, it does seem like I should reconsider my options. Getting into a new car is never financially sound, no matter how its cut. Good views all around which is what I needed.

I can't really expect the mcs to be leaps and bounds more entertaining to drive daily.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering a similar move, I'm debating if I will be upset that I didn't get a John Cooper Works.

The John Cooper Works has bigger Brakes, Bigger Turbo, Bigger Intercooler, Bigger Wheels, Nicer Interior and better resale value. Yes get the JC!

I had a 2008 R56S before my GTI. I had 3" exhaust, Tune and CAI along with some other goodies. I love this car until my clutch went at 40,000. Miles. It was towed to the dealer and I assumed it was my Tranny since it went without any slipping, Burning smell or warning. Mini wanted $4,000 to replace my clutch! :confused: I felt like I was getting Railroaded! After fighting with them I got my Mini repaired for $1,400. Every time I parked it in. M garage I would get a strong smell of burning clutch. I was a nervous reck it would go again and traded it for my GTI! If they would have taken care of me from the get go. I would be driving a New JC Countryman.... There loss!

My advice is get a DSG! Mini's Clutch is defective from the factory and they refuse to acknowledge it and immediately blame it on the driver! :mad0259: especially if you get a JC....

Even though I had a bad experience, I am still Lusting over the New GP! :word::drool:

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
The John Cooper Works has bigger Brakes, Bigger Turbo, Bigger Intercooler, Bigger Wheels, Nicer Interior and better resale value. Yes get the JC!

I had a 2008 R56S before my GTI. I had 3" exhaust, Tune and CAI along with some other goodies. I love this car until my clutch went at 40,000. Miles. It was towed to the dealer and I assumed it was my Tranny since it went without any slipping, Burning smell or warning. Mini wanted $4,000 to replace my clutch! :confused: I felt like I was getting Railroaded! After fighting with them I got my Mini repaired for $1,400. Every time I parked it in. M garage I would get a strong smell of burning clutch. I was a nervous reck it would go again and traded it for my GTI! If they would have taken care of me from the get go. I would be driving a New JC Countryman.... There loss!

My advice is get a DSG! Mini's Clutch is defective from the factory and they refuse to acknowledge it and immediately blame it on the driver! :mad0259: especially if you get a JC....

Even though I had a bad experience, I am still Lusting over the New GP! :word::drool:

+1 same thing happened to me and it cost me 2,300 and had to drive from Naples to Fort Lauderdale at the time and demanded they pay for towing. I was at 43,000 miles. I love my GTI too much to go back to another Mini. Mine had bad motor mounts and I bought it new, thank god it was a known problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I bought and serviced my Mini at Braman in Palm Beach. The sales staff was awesome. I used to go to all of their events. They would always pester me to come out to their track days at PBIR. It was complimentary. I was waiting for a new set of wheels and tires. Run Flats are not conducive to tracks Days!. I am so glad I never went! I would definitely would have screwed the pooch. They flag everyone vin that attends these meets, so when you have a warranty issue they immediately deny the warranty claim claiming you raced your Mini which voids the warranty. I heard of so many horror stories about this!

Plus every time I brought my Mini in for its free service. A private contractor was allowed to survey my dents and offer his service to removing them at $50 a minor dent. I never kept a record of dent, but I have no doubt my vehicle would several more after this looked at my vehicle.

I still loved the way my Mini performed. It is still the funnest car to drive that I have owned! It was Super fast and the handling was insane! Don't get me wrong, I love my GTI, but it is a completely different vehicle! Much more luxurious... Engine not as sprite, but my GTI blows it away in comfort, reliability and parts availability! My RSN-315 stereo blows away my upgraded Mini Harmon Kardon sound system. It was Crap! I would definitely buy another Mini, but it would have to be DSG!

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I test drive an auto mini as well. What the hell are they thinking with the paddle arrangement ? Push pull on either side in m mode was so awkward. The mini auto is nowhere near the the level of involvement nor speed of dsg.

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
I bought and serviced my Mini at Braman in Palm Beach. The sales staff was awesome. I used to go to all of their events. They would always pester me to come out to their track days at PBIR. It was complimentary. I was waiting for a new set of wheels and tires. Run Flats are not conducive to tracks Days!. I am so glad I never went! I would definitely would have screwed the pooch. They flag everyone vin that attends these meets, so when you have a warranty issue they immediately deny the warranty claim claiming you raced your Mini which voids the warranty. I heard of so many horror stories about this!

Plus every time I brought my Mini in for its free service. A private contractor was allowed to survey my dents and offer his service to removing them at $50 a minor dent. I never kept a record of dent, but I have no doubt my vehicle would several more after this looked at my vehicle.

I still loved the way my Mini performed. It is still the funnest car to drive that I have owned! It was Super fast and the handling was insane! Don't get me wrong, I love my GTI, but it is a completely different vehicle! Much more luxurious... Engine not as sprite, but my GTI blows it away in comfort, reliability and parts availability! My RSN-315 stereo blows away my upgraded Mini Harmon Kardon sound system. It was Crap! I would definitely buy another Mini, but it would have to be DSG!

Yeah the GTI feels more grown up to me don't you think?

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!

That sounds awful. As this would be my first car, I'm sure the clutch would get worn out eventually. I am prepared for this, and will get it replaced at the due time. However I have been told multiple times by the sales representatives that the clutch will be replaced under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

I wonder if I can get that in writing. I'm a little concerned about me being a big guy in one of these, Im perfectly comfortable in the mini coupe. Just worried about how I will be perceived from the outside. I can't seem to find a decent JCW. That's understandable due to the coupe only being out for a handful of months now.

I wish you still had the JCW, I'm in West Palm for vacation to see the parents I would have came by to check it out!

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
That sounds awful. As this would be my first car, I'm sure the clutch would get worn out eventually. I am prepared for this, and will get it replaced at the due time. However I have been told multiple times by the sales representatives that the clutch will be replaced under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

I wonder if I can get that in writing. I'm a little concerned about me being a big guy in one of these, Im perfectly comfortable in the mini coupe. Just worried about how I will be perceived from the outside. I can't seem to find a decent JCW. That's understandable due to the coupe only being out for a handful of months now.

I wish you still had the JCW, I'm in West Palm for vacation to see the parents I would have came by to check it out!

My friend has the coupe and was just way to small and weird looking IMO. I'm 6'3 and 230lbs. If I was to get another it would have to be the JCW non coupe lol