GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trackslag duty payment?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Those of you with Trackslag downpipes, did you get hit with a request from DHL for a duty payment?
$46 ain’t the end of the world but it caught me by surprise. Ordered plenty of parts from Europe delivered DHL and haven’t had that happen.

Last edited:

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
The import/export tax rule changed on 1 JAN 2022 as part of the BREXIT... so that is probably why you got hit with duties. Depending on the downpipe you ordered, if you ordered the catted you will be hit with duties, the threshold to pay is $800 USD.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
That explains it. I went Catted

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
does
The import/export tax rule changed on 1 JAN 2022 as part of the BREXIT... so that is probably why you got hit with duties. Depending on the downpipe you ordered, if you ordered the catted you will be hit with duties, the threshold to pay is $800 USD.
does america not have a free trade agreement with the UK?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
does

does america not have a free trade agreement with the UK?

1644007457187.png

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
i thought you guys would have. i noticed recently one of my suppliers has a “surcharge “ on KW and ST products that they claim is duties. last i remember kw is german so made the US doesn’t have any freetrade with the EU either. i believe in Canada we do. but i could be wrong as i have avoided the news for awhile now

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
i thought you guys would have. i noticed recently one of my suppliers has a “surcharge “ on KW and ST products that they claim is duties. last i remember kw is german so made the US doesn’t have any freetrade with the EU either. i believe in Canada we do. but i could be wrong as i have avoided the news for awhile now

It really depends on the country and the amount of the purchase. I had a package sent from AU from a friend, he declared an amount slightly lower than where I had to pay duties so I was good.