GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPMS false alert

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
So yesterday I lowered my car with VWR springs and today on about a 70 mile drive, I received an alert for low pressure. Pulled into the next services area only to check the pressure and all 4 wheels were sitting at the same pressure they were the day I driver her home.

After verifying pressure, I reset the TPMS and the alert is gone.

Question is, can lowering cause a false alert initially? Do false alerts happen sometimes? Should I do anything other than verify pressure and reset when it alerts?

This is my first vehicle with TPMS. Sorry noob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
I had my alert go off about 500 miles after putting my snows on back in December. Same thing - no issue with pressures. Reset and it hasn't come back.

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
I had my alert go off about 500 miles after putting my snows on back in December. Same thing - no issue with pressures. Reset and it hasn't come back.

Thanks for the reply.. Scared me a little getting that alert and cruising at 150kph on the motorway

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The VW system works of wheel circumference and tire rotation.
I recently hit a pot hole and had to replace a new tire but used the exact same brand and size. With 3 tires one year old and one tire new it gave me an alert. New tires have a larger circumference due to having more tread.
I could see getting an alert when changing to snow tires as the circumference might be enough of a change. Not sure why a spring drop would affect it. Someone else might have info on that.

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
The VW system works of wheel circumference and tire rotation.
I recently hit a pot hole and had to replace a new tire but used the exact same brand and size. With 3 tires one year old and one tire new it gave me an alert. New tires have a larger circumference due to having more tread.
I could see getting an alert when changing to snow tires as the circumference might be enough of a change. Not sure why a spring drop would affect it. Someone else might have info on that.

Well I checked pressure and reset it. 24 hours later and no light.. I'm hoping it was just an anomaly.

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
How are you guys reseting it? Mine just did it too

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
It happens almost every time I switch wheels, which is rather often since I swap wheels when I autoX in the summer.

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
Hit the car button and on the menu there's a reset light. It'll ask you to confirm psi values, hit yes and it resets

Sweet. Thanks

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
It happens almost every time I switch wheels, which is rather often since I swap wheels when I autoX in the summer.

Which wheels are you running for auto cross? I need to get a set to run for this season