GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touchscreen not responding to touch on right side

sjpsound

Car(s)
Mk7 2.0 se
Hi, I've just become the proud owner of a 2013 2.0 se golf - 1 problem I have is with the touchscreen.
It is not responding to touch on the right hand side ( left side seems fine ! )
I have looked on ebay and found lots of screens for sale from car breakers - my question is if I fit a replacement display unit will it need to be re-coded
or will it be an easy straightforward swap ?
Many Thanks !

Monty9120

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf mark 7 gtd
Have you tried cleaning it properly first including the sensor straight part under the screen ?

screen change is less then 10 mins but I’m not sure about coding I would have thought only the head unit part (in the glovebox needs coding)

sjpsound

Car(s)
Mk7 2.0 se
Thanks for the reply, yes I've tried cleaning the screen but it doesn't make any difference. I've just ordered a screen from a breaker on ebay. It looks like a fairly easy replacement but I do wonder about the coding. It should arrive at the end of the week, so I'll see how I get on !

sjpsound

Car(s)
Mk7 2.0 se
Thanks Cuzoe for the info, do you know if there are various versions / pert numbers for the screen. The seller on ebay wants to know if I've ordered the correct one. I don't want to take the dash apart just to try to find a part number if it isn't necessary....Cheers !

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Early Mk7 so I'm assuming MIB I. NAR and ROW screens are interchangeable, but you may have to use a sharp knife to trim a little tab off the connector (it'll make sense when you look at them).
5.6" Screens, MIB I
5G0919605H - non-navigation
5G0919605K - navigation
Both of these are NAR screens and have "Voice" button on the bottom left, the non-navigation screen has "Mute" on the top right.

If you have MIB II (which would be a retrofit in a 2013, I assume).
6.5" MIB II Screens
3G0919605H - non-navigation NAR, has Voice button and Band
3G0919605 - non-navigation ROW, has mute instead of Voice, and Radio replaces Band
3G0919605D - navigation screen

8" Matte MIB II Screens
5G0919606 - navigation
I assume this screen also comes non-nav, but I don't have a part number.

8" Glossy MIB II Screens
5G6919605B - navigation
I'll find the non-nav part number later, although I would guess you're not looking at these anyway.

sjpsound

Car(s)
Mk7 2.0 se
Thanks again Cuzoe, you are the font of all knowledge !
Is the bezel the same for the 5.5" screens as the 6" screens or would I need to buy a new bezel / vent panel ?
Cheers,
Steve

sjpsound

Car(s)
Mk7 2.0 se
I've found a couple here that are part number 5G0919605D - they have the navigation button - would they work ?

Attachments

• s-l1600 d.jpeg
    s-l1600 d.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 278
  • s-l1600 d3.jpeg
    s-l1600 d3.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 261

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
You will need two keys to remove display. There are four keeps, but you can get top two, move display out of locks and then do lower two. The keys for the display are the ones on the right shown below, the ones on left are for head unit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/393592395001

Attachments

• Rental Kit(1).JPG
    Rental Kit(1).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 247
Last edited: