GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Total fail!!

Airforce131

Ready to race!
I thought installing my awe vent mounted boost gauge would be a breeze....well it wasnt for me. I spent 5 hours trying to get the airbox, battery, and battery box out. By the time i got to the step where you have to mount the little boost sensor under the dash i was ready to quit. I never could quite tell how it was mounted or what it was mounted with. The pics sucked. Then i broke my light switch and said fuck it. I put everything back together..... so i guess now ill get a shop to finish it up......and order a new light switch.

Did anyone else have a hard time with this install or do i just suck donkey balls?

The only thing i got right was actually mounting the gauge itself into the vent....it looks cool but it doesnt work yet.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
To remove your stock HL switch do the following:
1. In the 'Off position - O' depress the dial until it stops;

2. Turn dial clockwise towards the 'On' position;

Airforce131

Ready to race!
Ok...another question. How does the boost sensor mount under the dash....zip ties? Or what? In my opinion that was the worst pic on the instructions.

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
This is the reason I'm having mine installed by AWE......tomorrow actually.....as well as my euro switch.

Airforce131

Ready to race!
Yeah it was ridiculous. Ive never worked on a vw and i thought it was going to be a lot easier. The main thing that held me up were the vague instructions that came with the gauge.

My car is stock other than the stage 1 tune. Ive never messed with the air box or taken anything out of the car for that matter.

The instructions say to take out the airbox, battery, and battery box. Ok, sounds easy enough but they should have included exactly how to do that. I know i sound like an idiot but damn it was frustrating....and this was after i had already broke my light switch trying to take it out. Again, vague instructions. Oh well, ive ordered a euroswitch and as soon as that comes in im going to a shop. ???

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
I had mine installed. I didn't feel like messing with it. It works great when you get it working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

John Y1

Ready to race!
Anyone else have problems mounting the boost pressure sensor under the dash?

It probably took me about that long in total...but mine was a successful installation! That part was very fiddly, and not too clear. But I worked slowly looked back and forth at the lay of the land under there, compared with the instructions and figured it out. Yes, you use zip ties. Hanging in the foot well on my back was probably the worst part.