Toronto

bettywhiteMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Stouffville here.

Here's my MK7 TSI

jjeziora

Hello!

I'm in the beaches, 2015 GTI owner.

Where do y'all buy parts online? What are the best shops for our cars locally?

I just got my car a couple months ago..

jjeziora

Nice! I’ve seen a bunch in the area, and there is a near identical pure white one that parks by me and an R and a couple more around the corner from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
King West

blue1

Nice! I’ve seen a bunch in the area, and there is a near identical pure white one that parks by me and an R and a couple more around the corner from me.

Since you've got a 2015 white also, have you ever noticed any paint flaking/rubbing off near the the corner of the front wheel arch where it meets the bumper and fender? I've heard this is a common paint issue with white specifically. Seems strange but luckily the dealer has agreed to repaint mine under warranty.

Yeah I seem to see more R's rather than GTI in this area. :rolleyes:

jjeziora

Since you've got a 2015 white also, have you ever noticed any paint flaking/rubbing off near the the corner of the front wheel arch where it meets the bumper and fender? I've heard this is a common paint issue with white specifically. Seems strange but luckily the dealer has agreed to repaint mine under warranty.

Yeah I seem to see more R's rather than GTI in this area. :rolleyes:

I’ve noticed mine is chipping away on the Bumper side of the fender/bumper joint but I was told the only way that this could be fixed is if the bumper was replaced.. They said it couldn’t be repainted since it is the bumper and not the fender. This hasn’t happened on the front, only the back of my car.

What dealer do you go to if you don’t mind me asking?

blue1

I’ve noticed mine is chipping away on the Bumper side of the fender/bumper joint but I was told the only way that this could be fixed is if the bumper was replaced.. They said it couldn’t be repainted since it is the bumper and not the fender. This hasn’t happened on the front, only the back of my car.

What dealer do you go to if you don’t mind me asking?

I went to Georgetown VW for this. I'm taking the car in to the repair in a few weeks so we'll see what actually happens regarding repaint or just replace the bumper.

jjeziora

I went to Georgetown VW for this. I'm taking the car in to the repair in a few weeks so we'll see what actually happens regarding repaint or just replace the bumper.

Is your chipping on the bumper or the fender? Yeah let me know how it goes..

jjeziora

It's exactly the same as this person's: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20244

But I also got a weird peeling under the driver's side mirror where it meets the door. I'm hoping they can take care of that as well since it's actually starting to surface rust... :eek:

Damn I hope they fix the under mirror section. Do you have the VW paint/ rust warranty? I wasn’t sure if they would fix mine if I just have the regular so I didn’t really bring it up with them.

blue1

Damn I hope they fix the under mirror section. Do you have the VW paint/ rust warranty? I wasn’t sure if they would fix mine if I just have the regular so I didn’t really bring it up with them.

I just have whatever factory warranty that it came with when the first owner/leased bought it .

blue1

It's exactly the same as this person's: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20244

But I also got a weird peeling under the driver's side mirror where it meets the door. I'm hoping they can take care of that as well since it's actually starting to surface rust... :eek:

Just got the car back today. Looks like they repainted the front bumper and door section. Looks good upon initial inspection, but I'll have a better idea when I wash the car. I'm just glad to no longer see a brown peel under my mirror everytime I open the door... And a bonus that all the other chips on the front bumper from the previous owner are now smooth and like new. Feels good to have a clean repair taken care of at no cost to me. Hopefully it holds up for a long time.

Hockey

Ready to race!
I'm looking to buy a Borla s type cat-back system. Can someone point me in the right direction for the cheapest place to purchase, or will I need to order and ship from the US for over $1000 CAD? Thanks.