GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Topic: Have the number, looking for a TSB! Anyone work for VW...?

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All

I am hoping someone can help me out sourcing Technical Bulletin 2040288/3 - lubricating suspension item to address creaks etc on my Mk7 GTI! I guess the bulletin number will be unique to the UK?

Thanks very much!

AshGTD

It is known as a TPI, the number is correct though.
I'm sure I saw it on a thread somewhere, but cant find it.
If you are wanting to do it yourself (VW did mine as under warranty) then it basically involves jacking the car up so the struts are at full stretch, pull the shock gator down out of the strut mount and lubricate it with silicone and re-fit.

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Would be really good to get a copy, as I am told that the repair is to use lithium grease (G052150A2) and grease the transverse links, left and right which need to be removed first, as well as greasing the cams on the other side of the links.

Not sure exactly where these items are (I assume link to the anti roll bar?).

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I would like to see it too.. I have not. But I can say it was not 100% effective.. for our car at least.

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a look earlier to see whether any signs of greasing were present. At the rear the bushes in the link leading from the rear hubs looks like it has seen something clear - silicon perhaps - see photo?

The front bushes shown have definitely been greased, probably the lithium grease, as white. Perhaps these are the bolts that were removed?

All a bit of guess work - really need the bulletin!

Cheers!

[/URL]

[/URL]