GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Too good to be true deal on BMW?

220volt

Ready to race!
So ran across this deal: BMW $21,994 for 335i xdrive fully loaded, clean title. only 29k miles. No accidents or major repairs.
http://www.parkplaceofnj.com/detail-2011-bmw-3_series-335i_xdrive-used-10941008.html

If you go through their inventory you'll notice many other cars at really good price. They're are also on cars.com Actually, their prices are little "too good". Anyone knows what's the catch here?

Thanks

Last edited:

theburningclutch

Ready to race!
I'm scratching my head. Perhaps they are stollen or were used to transport drugs. :confused:

220volt

Ready to race!
So I just gave them a call and they said that car has already been sold. Guy sounded really uninterested and not well spoken. Did not offer another car, or if he can help me with anything else, he just said "bye". Sounded really shady.

jtbazz

Passed Driver's Ed
There are a lot of places that buy flood vehicles and fix them. I bet that was the case. Just remember, when something seems to good to be true, it normally is. :)

Also, stick with a GTI. I just got rid of an 08 328xi with 50k on it. I had a year of warranty left but needed a service done on the brakes and the battery was about due to be replaced. They wanted $1600 for brakes front and rear with rotors and $500 for the battery. That was the price at every BMW dealer around me. Its not even about the money, its that because there is a BMW emblem on the car they fill the can ass F@#k you.

220volt

Ready to race!
There are a lot of places that buy flood vehicles and fix them. I bet that was the case. Just remember, when something seems to good to be true, it normally is. :)

Also, stick with a GTI. I just got rid of an 08 328xi with 50k on it. I had a year of warranty left but needed a service done on the brakes and the battery was about due to be replaced. They wanted $1600 for brakes front and rear with rotors and $500 for the battery. That was the price at every BMW dealer around me. Its not even about the money, its that because there is a BMW emblem on the car they fill the can ass F@#k you.

The thing is their add for that car states:

Vehicle Condition

Service History
29,165 Miles
One Owner
Non-Smoker
All Regular Scheduled Maintenance Performed
Passed Thorough Dealer Inspection
Dealer Maintained
Have Service Records
Have Original Manuals
Have All Keys
No Known Mechanical Problems

Warranty
Full Balance of Factory Warranty.
Condition Report
Excellent Interior
Excellent Carpets
Excellent Seats
Excellent Dashboard
Excellent Panels / Headliner
Excellent Exterior
Excellent Original Paint
Excellent Trim Condition
Excellent Glass Condition
No Visible Rust
No Known Accidents
No Known Bodywork
Fully Detailed

Yeah GTI is still on top of my list. But still browsing around if nice bimmer shows up for good price :)

220volt

Ready to race!
So I did some digging on that dealership and it looks like that place is very shady. Not a one good review, and most reviewers reported full blown scams.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/park-place-elizabeth

Not sure how they stay in business though.

220volt

Ready to race!
As a matter of fact if you input "park place of new jersey review" in Google search, first page results comes up with sites like: scamreport, pissedconsumer.com, ripoffreport.com etc.. LOL Yep, staying away from them.