GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tomorrow is the big day...stage 1!!!

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Yep...I was originally taking Friday off to drive down to APR HQs but the terrible weather here and the prospect of a 5 hour drive made the idea seem less realistic.

So instead, I'm shelling out labor and doing it in town. I've seriously been monitoring both here and vortex for what seems to be months, every hour, to finally see the release of 2011 software. I swear tonight is gonna be like Christmas eve for me!!!

The local shop does vagcom tweaks as well so I'm debating doing the instrument cluster sweep and having my fogs as DRL in lieu of always on xenon which will end up being costly when I finally have to change them out.

Doe anyone have any recommendations for other useful coding I could do? I don't have a euroswitch nor plans to install led fogs so there is a little less value in much of the tweaks I've seen. I was thinking remote fob windows and sunroof would be cool, though.

Either way, I'll post my impressions when the shit eating grin stops and I actually get out of the car tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Schn3ll1

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have anything to add as far as vagcom tweaks, but I will be getting my stage 1 tomorrow as well, can't wait!

jasunto

Ready to race!
Nice!!! I am trying to go at lunch tomorrow and get my tune!!!

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Windows from the fob is great, staging (needle sweep) is always fun. Additions?

Turning off the Seat Belt beep warning
Hazard lights automatically turning on when doing an emergency braking maneuver
All doors automatically unlock after you turn the engine off and open your door
All doors unlock with just one unlock press on the fob, as opposed to having to press it twice

That's what I can think of. I'm sure there are more.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
P

plac

All doors automatically unlock after you turn the engine off and open your door.

i need this. always having to double press the fob for a rear door after i get out.. i been putting off buying my 3rd vagcom cable for a long time.. someday soon ill prob just get one.

BenH

Ready to race!
i need this. always having to double press the fob for a rear door after i get out.. i been putting off buying my 3rd vagcom cable for a long time.. someday soon ill prob just get one.

The manual says press and hold unlock button on fob to unlock all doors. Doesn't work on my fob.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Goodluck with your tune don't forget to write us a review afterwards :thumbup:

kimsballs

Ready to race!
I did the windows down via fob, and i love it in the summer. let some of that heat out on the way through the parking lot.