GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Response In Normal

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I came from a manual to the DSG. Mine has no tune. I keep the driving mode in Sport or Custom (basically Sport with quieter sound). I toggle the shifter from D to S many times during my drives, much like I would anticipate a downshift or throwing it into a higher gear for cruising with a manual trans. I rarely use the paddle shifters or manual shifting, as alternating between D and S on the shifter typically accomplishes what I want from the transmission.

Toothless

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed on the OBD11.

Being able to completely turn off traction control was the most important adjustment for me. That and not unlocking all doors when placed in Park in the DSG GTI I had.
I've looked for this (the unlocking when placing in park) and haven't found it in OBDeleven. Perhaps you can provide guidance as to which way to navigate to it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

play150

Has anyone actually verified that changing "driving profile switchover" under Control Unit 44 (Steering Assistance) actually does a thing? I've been doing some reading on it and there are a lot of people that say they don't feel any difference. This could all just be placebo. Just based on the control unit being changed and the name of the adaptation, it doesn't sound like it's related to the throttle at all. I've gone back and forth and not sure I can tell a difference. I seem to recall seeing a graph of the throttle from VCDS logging that showed a linear increase vs. a curved on w/r to the mod. Just looking for any more info.

I just sat in my driveway testing the throttle and there seems to be no difference between the two settings. I press the accelerator the same amount in both settings and the car slowly increases the rpm over time rather than going to a specific rpm. I can press the throttle in only a little bit and it does the same thinf, only more slowly

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Update the throttle to direct.

Remind me again. Is A. or B. the stock default setting from the factory?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The only way to actually increase the throttle response is with a BMS Pedal Tuner. I don't know if someone else makes one that works. But remember it only increases throttle response it does not make the car faster. Just more sensitive and responsive to pedal input. Does make it more enjoyable to drive though.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The only way to actually increase the throttle response is with a BMS Pedal Tuner. I don't know if someone else makes one that works. But remember it only increases throttle response it does not make the car faster. Just more sensitive and responsive to pedal input. Does make it more enjoyable to drive though.
Correct-a-mundo! There is a log of one vs. not in that post if you are interested to see what it is actually doing.

tigeo

Autocross Champion