GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Delay

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah man hard to say. I’d personally check that the throttle body isn’t clogged/stuck..wouldn’t have much else to add short of sending your car to a shop unless someone else has any other ideas ~
This.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Hard to say man, but if you wanna save a few bucks definitely try bleeding the system first and see if that does anything especially if you’re suspecting any clutch-related issues
I did a clutch bleed (300mL) which was kind of fun actually. I was hoping the issue was air in the system that the shop got in there accidentally when doing the trans. The clutch bleed apparently helped with some things but I still have rough clutch engagement when shifting, feels like clutch is smashing against the flywheel which is just terrible. Brake fluid level is at max. I haven't done a brake fluid flush though but I'm not very sure that will solve this problem.

I'm feeling it still has something to do with the clutch pedal. If I push more on the right side of the pedal, engagement is somehow smoother. Is something wrong with how the pedal is in place? This car has had the trans work as mentioned.

Is there anything else to check other than a clutch bleed? Getting involved with the throttle body, now that's a more involved job because to me it looks like you have to take the whole intake manifold off.

The shops don't believe I have an issue so, it's all on me now.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Figured since I’m on the path of, this might be related to clutch, I took the damn spring off the pedal. Pedal stiffness is the same since I already had a stiff pedal from the upgraded clutch kit

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Ran a smoke test and found a leak at the SAI hose but repairing it didn’t fix the issue. Couldn’t find any other leaks at the charge port connections, turbo inlet, intake manifold, intake, etc