GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thermostat/water pump leak

17GOLFSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf SE
Only 37k miles on my Golf and I already noticed coolant dripping down the front of the engine and onto the oil pan. Is this just a housing gasket/seal problem or should I replace the entire assembly? Do they make all metal housings for a ‘17 1.8T or just metal impellers?

JVWranicar

Passed Driver's Ed
This should be covered under 5 yr-60k powertrain warranty. My housing was leaking and had dealer replace under warranty at 26k. No doubt you’ll be under warranty as well.

17GOLFSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf SE
Actually I read this:

-3 years/36,000 miles limited warranty with roadside assistance
-5 years/60,000 miles (10 years/100,000 miles for base trim Touareg) powertrain warranty
Does that mean it would still be covered?

JVWranicar

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. Still covered. I should have clarified that my mileage was 26k but it was six months past the 3-year warranty. I assure you this is covered under your 5 yr 60k warranty. I've read people getting these covered at 55k miles inside their 5 year warranty.

JVWranicar

Passed Driver's Ed
If a dealer somehow claims it is not covered, either go to another dealer or contact VW-USA to make a complaint. That happens occasionally or so I've read but I doubt that will be an issue for you. It was not for me. Good luck!