GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
This journey is a trip. I have pretty much decided stage 1 is the best setup for a 2015 WRX. I did have to put my Mishi downpipe back on last night just so i can get my $200 tune finished. But then i do plan to go back to stage 1 as soon as possible for the long term. Driving around on stage 1 all day yesterday, it felt faster than the stage 2 at pretty much all points.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I think you mentioned it way back, with the Bren tune/tuning they gave you free support/custom tunes for 30 days.....so you're past that now, is that why it's $200?

Or was it $200 extra to jump to a Stage 2 tune?

different stages are different $200.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
this stage 2 WRX destroys this stock STI. so when people tell me "you should have just got an STI and kept it stock"... no....

blue WRX
white STI

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Speed is not the only thing that matters. Otherwise you would not be driving a WRX. Shit, my Cobra would spank both a stock STI and stage 2 WRX.

STI has a ton of features that are much better than a WRX. I think that is the point most are trying to make. Comparable speed, better car overall and would still be stock. Warranty.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Speed is not the only thing that matters. Otherwise you would not be driving a WRX. Shit, my Cobra would spank both a stock STI and stage 2 WRX.

STI has a ton of features that are much better than a WRX. I think that is the point most are trying to make. Comparable speed, better car overall and would still be stock. Warranty.

Yes. If the best you are going to do is a stage 1 or stage 2 WRX you might as well get an STI and keep your warranty. Only mod required is a trunk lid swap in my opinion. Us old guys need to act our age.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
this thing get traded for an auto yet?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
the stage 1 decision is now final, because i was able to cancel that STI midpipe order and got my refund. I have TGV deletes on order and am considering a 3-port solenoid to complete my stage 1. Maybe a TMIC when I run out of things to do.

with those 2 extra supporting mods on my stage 1 i should be hitting 300wtq on the virtual dynojet. maybe even 300whp too.

Last edited: