GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
Excellent, happy to also test the beta.

It’s been a week since 2.51 install on my 2015 MT GTI and the lag at low revs in 1st and 2nd is not going away yet. Push accelerator get a slow response until about 1500 revs and then bam, the acceleration jumps into a much more responsive curve and suddenly going much faster. And that’s not good. Maybe many others have a different driving style, but I do stop and go everyday (I don’t telework) so my drive runs into this issue every day.

Vroom

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My car has been driving like this and I’m on an October 2020 file. I thought it was something coded into the tune to help with the vagueness of getting into 1st. At least that’s how I’ve been using it. With the AC on it drives more predictably.

On Eurodyne it would do the reverse. Linear power in 1st and non linear power surge with the AC on.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s very strange indeed. Elevation or no? Let us know if reverting to 2.01 helps.
So I reverted back to v2.01 and I’ve got about 50-60 miles on it and have to say it does feel better in first and second. Not so jerky. Maybe v2.01 is just more compatible with my right foot, but it’s noticeably better. Was v2.01 less sensitive throttle input than v2.51? Maybe v2.01 throttle sensitivity is my limit. Ed, if it’s just me with this problem then I’ll just leave it at v2.01. Don’t worry about it. But if there are others then I’d be interested in trying a test file or an update if you ever come up with one.

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
So I reverted back to v2.01 and I’ve got about 50-60 miles on it and have to say it does feel better in first and second. Not so jerky. Maybe v2.01 is just more compatible with my right foot, but it’s noticeably better. Was v2.01 less sensitive throttle input than v2.51? Maybe v2.01 throttle sensitivity is my limit. Ed, if it’s just me with this problem then I’ll just leave it at v2.01. Don’t worry about it. But if there are others then I’d be interested in trying a test file or an update if you ever come up with one.
It doesn't appear to be just you, as I definitely had the issue early on. It's gone away, but I'm really thinking that I just adapted and haven't noticed anymore. I let my girlfriend drive the other day, and she immediately switched seats with me after the car abruptly took off. Last time she drove the car, it was on an APR tune and she had no issues.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It doesn't appear to be just you, as I definitely had the issue early on. It's gone away, but I'm really thinking that I just adapted and haven't noticed anymore. I let my girlfriend drive the other day, and she immediately switched seats with me after the car abruptly took off. Last time she drove the car, it was on an APR tune and she had no issues.
Did you try going back to v2.01 to compare?

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Did you try going back to v2.01 to compare?

I did the first couple of days I had the tune because it was kind of unbearable to drive, as I didn't know when the car would actually go. v2.01 definitely didn't carry the same characteristics. I switched back to v.2.51 with the mindset that I'll just change my driving style up. I really switched the position of my chair to adapt to the throttle response for ~2 weeks? Now it's a thing of the past and I don't notice the throttle being touchy at all.

HOWEVER, I forgot to mention that when releasing the brake for the clutch to engage and then get on the throttle to go, that moment in between the two, the car does shake a bit more than before. I have upper/lower 034 dogbone mounts, and that was never really an issue up until v2.51. It doesn't bother me, but my girlfriend asks if the car is broken when it happens. What's weird is that it doesn't happen all the time.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
No need for another dsg reset.

Ed, ive reported a few times my 2019 6 speed doesn't have any throttle issues well today i switched modes for the first time since the update my car always stay in sport mode 100% of the time. Today i put it in eco and the throttle was weird so sensitive i was having issues blipping the throttle on downshifts, i switch back to sport mode and the same issue. Kinda strange.

1drumshark

I went from stock to v2.51 and a DSG tune about 3 weeks ago, and my only complaint has been the throttle sensitivity when starting from a stop. It feels like the engine has to rev up a bit before the clutch engages and then lurches forward. Even if I wait and let the DSG start to creep the car forward as soon as I touch the throttle it lurches before it smooths out. It's not so big an issue that I'd go back to stock (the tune plus a FMIC really makes it a new car) but it's something that I can tell my passenger isn't happy about when I drive someone else around. Came here to see if anyone else had the same feeling.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Yeah the more I drive the more I seem to replicate it.
I went from stock to v2.51 and a DSG tune about 3 weeks ago, and my only complaint has been the throttle sensitivity when starting from a stop. It feels like the engine has to rev up a bit before the clutch engages and then lurches forward. Even if I wait and let the DSG start to creep the car forward as soon as I touch the throttle it lurches before it smooths out. It's not so big an issue that I'd go back to stock (the tune plus a FMIC really makes it a new car) but it's something that I can tell my passenger isn't happy about when I drive someone else around. Came here to see if anyone else had the same feeling.
You explained my issue much better than I did. This is exactly the issue I'm having. Went from a Stratified ECU and DSG tune to V2.51 and DSG and noticed exactly what you're going through.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It’s pretty interesting to hear the different impressions. According to the polls I’ve conducted, it does seem that the vast majority of drivers prefer 2.51 and do not experience any of these issues. I’m still not sure what the variable is with you guys who are. Maybe driving style, maybe conditions?

The ONLY possible thing I see is that MT cars may have a little sensitive throttle. But then in my poll it seems that most MT drivers prefer it.

— Ed

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It’s pretty interesting to hear the different impressions. According to the polls I’ve conducted, it does seem that the vast majority of drivers prefer 2.51 and do not experience any of these issues. I’m still not sure what the variable is with you guys who are. Maybe driving style, maybe conditions?

The ONLY possible thing I see is that MT cars may have a little sensitive throttle. But then in my poll it seems that most MT drivers prefer it.

— Ed
The only variables I can think of on my car are the SMF and dogbone insert but I'd imagine most people with your tunes have that. And the dremeled intake + high flow filter. 3.5" downpipe

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2015 6MT is bone stock. Maryland, and it’s not cold and not hot and no elevation to speak of. Its like there are two throttle response curves. Below about 1500 and then above. I notice it in first gear and then in second when I’m not driving gently. In third and above (or more aggressive first to seconds) the throttle is very sensitive and linear and not a problem to control.

if there is a log that would help, let me know.

Vroom

nefario90

Passed Driver's Ed
^ I am experiencing this as well, 2016 GTI on v2.51 Stage 1 93 and the latest DSG tune
Before with v2.01, the car jumps the moment you touch the throttle but I've learned to control that. Now it seems a bit lazier on slow take offs and slips the clutches a lot more.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
^ I am experiencing this as well, 2016 GTI on v2.51 Stage 1 93 and the latest DSG tune
Before with v2.01, the car jumps the moment you touch the throttle but I've learned to control that. Now it seems a bit lazier on slow take offs and slips the clutches a lot more.
What drive mode?