GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Welp, a total of 23 passes during the main race, would've been like 15 is Hulks tires didn't fall off at the end. Although good on Perez for legitimately keeping Max behind. Ocon coming into the pits with all of those people had a WRC vibe to it. F1 avoided a potential huge incident.

Also, rip Senna, 29 years today.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I didn't understand the strategy for Ocon and Hulkenburg toward the end. Were the teams basically just hoping for a safety car and keeping them out until the tires fall apart? Ocon would have run the whole race on one set if the rules didn't say otherwise.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I didn't understand the strategy for Ocon and Hulkenburg toward the end. Were the teams basically just hoping for a safety car and keeping them out until the tires fall apart? Ocon would have run the whole race on one set if the rules didn't say otherwise.

That's genuinely what Hulk's engineer said to him on the radio.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT

So, safety car, switch to hards, go to the end.... See you at Imola boys.

I will be doing some rain dances in the upcoming days lol, it hasn't rained a lot here lately.... currently Sunday has a 45% chance.

Maybe Charles or Fernando manage to sneak a win... The Ferrari seems to like the higher speed tracks, and so does the Aston... they had issues with DRS in Baku that basically ruined their weekend, which they claimed they fixed... thrown in a bit of rain and some chaos and maybe something happens.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'm hoping for rain, too. A wet race is just the sort of mix-up that can open the door a crack for a non-RBR win. Granted, Max is a great wet driver. But rain's a wild card.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I will be doing some rain dances in the upcoming days lol, it hasn't rained a lot here lately.... currently Sunday has a 45% chance.

Maybe Charles or Fernando manage to sneak a win... The Ferrari seems to like the higher speed tracks, and so does the Aston... they had issues with DRS in Baku that basically ruined their weekend, which they claimed they fixed... thrown in a bit of rain and some chaos and maybe something happens.
I'm ready for the daily afternoon monsoons, we've been relatively dry on the Tampa side for a long while. Maybe some random FL weather will grace us with some variability on Sunday. Ferrari is slated to bring some decent updates, so they may only finish 17-18 seconds behind, not 20+.

I'm hoping for rain, too. A wet race is just the sort of mix-up that can open the door a crack for a non-RBR win. Granted, Max is a great wet driver. But rain's a wild card.
I'm not a Max fan, but his Brazil 2016 race was something else. Although I have noticed his standing race starts overall aren't really that great.

Edit: Unrealted to Miami, but I was looking at this Baku comparison I found on reddit. Shows the difference in speed when Perez passed Leclerc vs Hamilton attempting to get around Sainz. What piqued my interest is, it looks like Merc is running shorter gearing/R&P. Both Perez and Ham in 8th gear, Ham is 300 rpm higher and 6 kph lower.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Lol, Max starting in P9-P10 is the only way to give the field a glimmer of hope at winning a race this season. Gonna take some reliability issues or the two RB drivers pulling a Spain 2016 for a different race winner anytime soon.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Lol, Max starting in P9-P10 is the only way to give the field a glimmer of hope at winning a race this season. Gonna take some reliability issues or the two RB drivers pulling a Spain 2016 for a different race winner anytime soon.

Yep, there are two concurrent F1 championships this year — Max vs. Checo, and everyone else vs. each other.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
and if Spain 206 or Baku 2018 happen, you KNOW my boy Fernando gonna be there to pick up the peices.

HAM
VER
BOT

is not my best friend anymore. New best friends with

VER
PER
ALO

Edit, a Pérez, Verstappen & Tsunoda podium would be

PER
VER
TSU

😩😩👅👀👀🍆🍑

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I am very OOTL on this Alonswift thing

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Tom Cruise at Miami GP giving off Bernie Ecclestone energy.

Screenshot_20230508-100225.png

Last edited: