GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't understand your last sentence. You can do the math if you care to but if Bezos gave away 90 % of his yearly profit how much would each poor person get?
And how do you decide which poor people are poor because they have no ambition? And what incentive would poor people have to help themselves if they can do nothing and wait for their yearly stipend from Bezos?

If he paid living wages, his workers would live better and create more demand for goods.

Same for Walmart.

Same for Target.

Etc...

Increasing demand creates new jobs, not decrease them.

Billionaires consolidating money and effectively removing it from the economy doesn't create jobs.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If he paid living wages, his workers would live better and create more demand for goods.

Same for Walmart.

Same for Target.

Etc...

Increasing demand creates new jobs, not decrease them.

Billionaires consolidating money and effectively removing it from the economy doesn't create jobs.
How much is an average living wage? Of course it varies by state. Obviously California costs more to live in then Wyoming.
Here is the Amazon wages.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Amazon.com/salaries

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't understand your last sentence. You can do the math if you care to but if Bezos gave away 90 % of his yearly profit how much would each poor person get?
And how do you decide which poor people are poor because they have no ambition? And what incentive would poor people have to help themselves if they can do nothing and wait for their yearly stipend from Bezos?
People don't need to have ambition for millions. Some people want to work the same job their entire lives, just have a nice quiet life. They should be given the chance to live their lives as they please without making them worry about putting bread on the table. People like Bezos need to be done away with entirely. No stipends -- expropriation of everything he stole from his workers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Need locations as well. Cost of living is very different around the country.
That's what I said in the post you quoted. Or did you mean the Amazon wages in different parts of the country? Kind of difficult for Amazon to pay higher wages based on location when they charge the same prices in all states.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
...the Apologist has now become the Billionaire's Apologist

Please update your contact lists people.

Also...5 days till the SCAMdemic anniversary, try to contain your excitement.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
You'll be fine, but you don't have to wait until December - it is 2 to 6 months. One trick I've been told with both the Shingrix and cOVID vaccine is to move your arm a lot immediatly after the vaccine. I know people that went to the gym, played tennis, installed flooring and so forth. The only ones that had any reaction (other than a sore are) were those that went home and sat in front of the TV.
I'm due for my physical/bloodwork in December, so they just put me down for the second shot then. After this one, I think I could definitely use an extended break!

I've always moved my arm a lot after vaccine shots, and always get them in my right (dominant) arm, to ensure I move it most by default. I'm also a very active person, but this thing has basically got me going down, down, in an earlier round...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Capitalism: How to Fuck Everyone Over for Your Own Personal Gain

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You realize Bezo's salary was roughly $87k right? His wealth is in stock from the company he built out of his garage. Sounds like he realized the American dream.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I don't see that happening to be honest. It sees there will always be an upper and a lower, middle is sort of a new thing as far as history goes. It's likely that there will always be undesirable or low paying jobs and there will always be those willing to fill them. I don't think you can "make everyone the same" if you get what I'm saying in that context. Can't just decide that the lower class is now the middle class because then what incentive is there for the middle class to actually try?
Yeah, I wasn't really proposing it as some kind of actual possibility.

To me, it's just obvious that there's more than enough to go around, but the richest don't want to share.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
...the Apologist has now become the Billionaire's Apologist

Please update your contact lists people.

Also...5 days till the SCAMdemic anniversary, try to contain your excitement.
Nice to see the Town Crier chime in. 😂