GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I would rather be a fucking Jim then a piece of shit Keehs360. And remember sticks and stones can break my bones but words can't hurt me.
words can't hurt you but you keep responding because someone on the internet is "wrong".

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I think the cameras are a terrible idea for a few reasons.

1. another point of failure. You have to physically break my mirror to disable its ability to show me what’s behind. Camera, screen, wiring, and no doubt the data bus can all fail.

2. the human eye/brain can more rapidly and effectively “ignore” things like water droplets, fogging, focal lengths, fouling, etc on a glass mirror, than a computer can adjust to the same.

3. I can see different views simply by moving my head in relation to the mirror, no moving of the mirror is required. I can do some breakdancing moves to change my angle to a screen, but that cameras view area will always remain the same.

4. Thanks to some asshole with a cellphone, I have photophobia. In addition I have very good night vision, so I dim my gauges at night to an almost off setting to not fuck with my eyes at night. More screens will just cause more loss in situational awareness by the driver.

5. the more we automate and add technology to our cars the worse the driver does. Humans are lazy and society says to blame technology. The more distraction we add into the car the more drivers become detached from driving. Semi-automation leading to autonomous drive is a self-fulfilling prophecy; the more you add, the more you need.

6. screen viewing fatigues the eyes, simple as that. Add more screens, drivers are more fatigued, more errors happen. See #5.

But maybe this is because I actually use my mirrors. Backing, lane changes coupled with (gasp) checking blind spots, and situational awareness of what’s around me in case of a required emergency maneuver; always have an escape route something something. Maybe we should just require greater standards to obtain a driver’s license. The US requirements are a fucking joke.

Last edited: