GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Forum Argues Religion While Former Pfizer VP Warns Government Trying To Kill Us

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI (+3 more)
Tomatoes are going good, that tall one is a bag seed from gorilla glue picked up in Colorado a year ago. Might be a male Tomatoe so have to keep an eye out.
The other 2 smaller ones(Bruce Banner and girl scout are auto Tomatoes) and the one in the small pot is ghost og photo. That power outage almost did them in!
quoted just to draw attention.

How did wife do the other day?

AM407

Go Kart Newbie
I’d say his analysis is accurate. “at the limit” from my formal training denotes the limit of adhesion. This limit is based on the tires used, not the maximum adhesion available in other tires. That is, driving on four donut spares would provide less adhesion than driving the same vehicle on Hoosier slicks. While the Hoosiers will allow over 1g in lateral acceleration, it doesn’t change the limit of adhesion, “the limit”, of the donut spares.

Ergo, the argument that driving at the limits of the Pilot Sport AS3+ is valid and cannot be disregarded on a subjective determination by the opposition.
Yeah, thanks.

I’ve got a fair bit of track time, but not much in the GTI. “At the limit” on the track is obviously “at the limit,” and it would be crazy to drive like that on the street.

Having said that, the limits of the A/S3+ are lower, so it’s easier to get closer to them on the street, which ends up being more fun (driving slow car fast, instead of fast car slow.)

Also temperatures: on cold pavement, on cold tires (which is why I bought A/S3+ in the first place), it’s definitely possible to find the limit on the street.

Oh, and mayo!

NoGodGetOverIt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
CaptOveur.jpg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Performance winter tires are just rebranded all seasons marketed at enthusiasts. Wide operating temperature band, stiffer sidewall, and more solid tread pattern that reduce snow handling capabilities? Sounds an awful lot like an all season tire...
No. They have no utq. In temps over 40f they wear fast as shit. They’re a proper snow tire with stiffer sidewall.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
No. They have no utq. In temps over 40f they wear fast as shit. They’re a proper snow tire with stiffer sidewall.
I'm mostly just giving Jay a hard time, he wanted to argue for 13 pages.

And you're only partially right. Winter performance isn't made to operate above a certain temp range, but that also isn't the same as a snow tire. The temp range is dictated by the compound, whereas the snow rating has more to do with tread depth and pattern (ice handling is sort of a combo). All snow tires are made to handle winter temps, but not all winter tires handle snow well.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Trickle towards 29k.

Watch out for 🥷 bros.