GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
He's the dude from across the pond with the really good health care right?
Knowledgeable guy too, has a lot of nice DIYs posted up on various retrofits. I did the A3 rear harmonic damper retrofit based on his research. Might do the aero/stone guard retrofit or maybe just swap the front plate for the Kevlar reinforced one once I swap to the steel oil pan.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Knowledgeable guy too, has a lot of nice DIYs posted up on various retrofits. I did the A3 rear harmonic damper retrofit based on his research. Might do the aero/stone guard retrofit or maybe just swap the front plate for the Kevlar reinforced one once I swap to the steel oil pan.
Oh I read that sticky on the aero guards. Real good shit

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Alright Gents, after that rousing back and forth I think it's time for another off-topic poll.

Now that I've got new shoes that'll fit the brakes, I'm looking into getting the hardware for the 312mm brake swap. What's a better option given the 288 to 312 isn't exactly BBK territory:
Full set of carriers, calipers, pads, and OEM rotors and dust shields with this swanky blue paint for $400:
1617256349078.png

Or just the calipers/carriers in silver with pads for $230 and pick up something 120-200 range for rotors in the drilled and or slotted variety? Looking at the Zimmermann or Stoptech kit off FCP Euro
1617256425150.png
Zimmermann:
1617256643320.png
StopTech:
1617256677535.png

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Alright Gents, after that rousing back and forth I think it's time for another off-topic poll.

Now that I've got new shoes that'll fit the brakes, I'm looking into getting the hardware for the 312mm brake swap. What's a better option given the 288 to 312 isn't exactly BBK territory:
Full set of calipers, pads, rotors and dust shields with this swanky blue powdercoat for $400:
View attachment 208680
Or just the calipers/carriers with pads for $230 and pick up something 120-200 range for rotors in the drilled and or slotted variety? Looking at the Zimmermann or Stoptech kit off FCP Euro
View attachment 208681 Zimmermann:View attachment 208683StopTech:View attachment 208684
I'd go for the blue bois and the bigger rotor swap with good pads and some motul 600 brake fluid. Don't add the stainless steel lines, if that was an option. Keep in mind I'm cheap as fuck.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'd go for the blue bois and the bigger rotor swap with good pads and some motul 600 brake fluid. Don't add the stainless steel lines, if that was an option. Keep in mind I'm cheap as fuck.
I'm leaning toward the blue bois myself. Looking to have them swapped when I have a shop do the brake flush for me. Already picked up some stainless lines for the fronts on sale for 40 bucks awhile back so I might have them toss them on while they're at it.

Pretty much just need the carriers and rotors, but carriers are going for 135 a side new and I just got out bid on a set recently. Figure for 400 it isn't a bad deal with everything needed. Just wasn't sure if drilled/slotted made a difference at 312mm for the extra hundred or so bucks. Thus I turn to the great minds of the Scamdemic thread. :ROFLMAO:

Booster is the same as the AT and the AT comes with 312's standard. So figure it'll help even out the pedal and things more than be a big brake kit. 🤷‍♂️

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm leaning toward the blue bois myself. Looking to have them swapped when I have a shop do the brake flush for me. Already picked up some stainless lines for the fronts on sale for 40 bucks awhile back so I might have them toss them on while they're at it.

Pretty much just need the carriers and rotors, but carriers are going for 135 a side new and I just got out bid on a set recently. Figure for 400 it isn't a bad deal with everything needed. Just wasn't sure if drilled/slotted made a difference at 312mm for the extra hundred or so bucks. Thus I turn to the great minds of the Scamdemic thread. :ROFLMAO:

Booster is the same as the AT and the AT comes with 312's standard. So figure it'll help even out the pedal and things more than be a big brake kit. 🤷‍♂️
Bro someone's gonna call your brakes a racist word on here. You're crazy 🤣

Slotted and drilled is a nice look for the front. But if you're tracking you might get some cracks around the drilled holes over time. Keep that in mind. I prefer vented slotted in the front and vented blanks on the rears cuz I'm cheap.

400$ is a solid price btw.

As far as the lines. Pedal pressure is going to feel really really good. Just make sure you inspect those lines weekly for possible leaks. It's rare but it happens. Also keep in mind, that pressure has to go somewhere since the newer ss lines won't expand.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ffs, you’re all banned, golf dave is watching ya know.

It took me 15mins this morning to scan read the last 25pages....don't see anything to affect me?..unless its been deleted??:unsure:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Full set of calipers, pads, and OEM rotors and dust shields with this swanky blue powdercoat for $400:
View attachment 208680
Or just the calipers/carriers in silver with pads for $230 and pick up something 120-200 range for rotors in the drilled and or slotted variety? Looking at the Zimmermann or Stoptech kit off FCP Euro
View attachment 208681 Zimmermann:View attachment 208683StopTech:View attachment 208684

Already painted it very good as the basic zinc plating is crap....(needs to paint his sometime).....however I never like plain discs, & hate drilled...I do like a few slots to clean the pads & get rid of grit that can get stuck between the pad/disc...

Unfortunately that means the the Zinc calipers, to then strip down & paint & the Stoptech discs/pads.......the most expensive & time consuming option (well it is me... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:)......either that or for speed/ease of install get the blue caliper setup..

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Already painted it very good as the basic zinc plating is crap....(needs to paint his sometime).....however I never like plain discs, & hate drilled...I do like a few slots to clean the pads & get rid of grit that can get stuck between the pad/disc...

Unfortunately that means the the Zinc calipers, to then strip down & paint & the Stoptech discs/pads.......the most expensive & time consuming option (well it is me... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:)......either that or for speed/ease of install get the blue caliper setup..
So what you're saying is I should be extra lazy, buy the blue set and then next time I need pads just get new rotors while I'm there? :LOL:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So what you're saying is I should be extra lazy, buy the blue set and then next time I need pads just get new rotors while I'm there? :LOL:

Well not everybody is a OCD as me...(I have seen worse on this forum)...;)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Well not everybody is a OCD as me...(I have seen worse on this forum)...;)
I'm with you on that thought and for the cost to have them pre painted isn't bad. So far it seems the votes are in favor of the blue package deal. Plus if I get rotors later I can pick up the matching rears and not have to mix slotted and blank.. which given rears do 10% of the braking would be more aesthetic. :unsure: