GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
You're correct and the national debt was getting close to paid off. I voted for him twice. Then under Bush the dotcom bust costs stopped the momentum towards getting the debt paid off. Then the real estate market crashed and the debt has been growing ever since then.
Oh man, so many pages behind...

Jim, was this a misworded post or do you actual believe the national debt was "almost paid off" in the '90's?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ for post above

Attachments

• 1606162220308.png
    1606162220308.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 95

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I'm more concerned about the implementation of UBI than the concept. Giving people money to help augment their life and reduce stress is a huge benefit.

Yang dodges this question pretty hard when it gets asked to him (rarely) but we cant really answer it. What do we do about inflation with UBI? not like broad generalized inflation but inflation of living essentials like rent, food, insurance, automobile prices. Think about your typical slumlord - not section 8 but slightly higher tier, they are going to increase their rents and say "I know you have the money and I know you have to pay rent, price went up"

There are other examples and to some extent regulation can fix it but regulation is hard to enforce and edge cases of abuse will continue to affect the poorest more than the wealthy.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
its 100% happening. one of the projects i'm on for a hospital incurred a 1+ year slowdown in the schedule to compensate for lack of funding - lack of funding being due to a lack of space for typical work and procedures that make money, loss of production and efficiency for normal operations, and lastly, not sure about this, but probably lack of income for dealing with covid patients. IDK how that works but if you go to the hospital for an expensive emergency due to covid, IDK how that shakes out monetarily for the hospital. I think in general they make more $ dealing with procedures and surgeries than covid patient emergencies.

But yes... the imacts to the hospitals are real.
The hospitals get paid extra just for 'COVID diagnosis.' There were incentives.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Way worth a listen for all

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Thats the thing it is a complete and utter fantasy that we will keep people from being infected...eventually the entire population will be exposed, and either get it or be a simp to matic...

Infection rate may be skyrocketing at the moment....but the death rate isn't...this bug has a 99 percent survival rate...
Refreshing to hear someone with common sense!!
Yes, reports are many are infected and never know. Other reports that many have T-cells from other viruses that make them immune to Corona.
If you eliminate the elderly, the survival is basically 100%. But if you have 3 comorbidities, you're in trouble. Sweden was basically all exposed and now herd immune.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
"I've seen the evidence with respect to the Dominion machines and the software they used and how they ran it through Barcelona in Spain where they manipulated the votes. They've done this in prior elections. This time they got caught" -- Lin Wood

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
"The servers that were seized in Frankfurt a few days ago, from a company called Scytl. Those servers show the real vote. Trump won this election with 410 Electoral votes" -- Lin Wood

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Can you get off Sweden's nuts already. They are not a supporting argument from the info I could find.

Maybe you have some you could share?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm more concerned about the implementation of UBI than the concept. Giving people money to help augment their life and reduce stress is a huge benefit.

Yang dodges this question pretty hard when it gets asked to him (rarely) but we cant really answer it. What do we do about inflation with UBI? not like broad generalized inflation but inflation of living essentials like rent, food, insurance, automobile prices. Think about your typical slumlord - not section 8 but slightly higher tier, they are going to increase their rents and say "I know you have the money and I know you have to pay rent, price went up"

There are other examples and to some extent regulation can fix it but regulation is hard to enforce and edge cases of abuse will continue to affect the poorest more than the wealthy.
The solution (actually a bandaid) for this, no idea. But locking rent and only allowing it to increase 2-3% a year would be a good step. But frankly that won’t stop hyper inflation, and that’s what we will experience. Not inflation. Hyper inflation.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
He is fighting for justice I'm sure :rolleyes:

Clip.PNG

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
just found out gtifan99 AND corprin are rabbit owners! jellyyy

We both white 6mt’s, to boot. He’s my heterosexual life mate.

I've owned a lot of cars over the years. Only a few that I truly connected with though. The Mk1 GTI, Corrado SLC, 05 STi, and now this car. Sometimes a manufacture just gets everything that matters right. The Rabbit is one of those times. Just wish we'd gotten same spec as Canada, eh.

damn. We had a mkI as well. I’ve owned a ton of amazing and damn fast cars. I tend to find my way back to quick little cars that have more giggle factor.