GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Regardless, why defend him? He's just a know-nothing jackass that thinks he's "bad." He's not bad, he's just an ignorant turd.
hahaha the name is just a meme, genius. do you really think you're magical?

edit: on 2nd thought with the way you brag about your mediocre achievements you probably do think you're magical

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Jay, you're missing the point. It's a forum dedicated to GTI owners. MK5 owners did and still do makeup a fairly sizeable portion of the members. I know and completely understand that these general generic forums are open territory for all GTI owners... but we're all still GTI owners. You have a damn MK5 in your signature area...

look at him trying to save face :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

image_2021-10-25_110805.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm not talking about earth's age.
oh, my bad. well, i try to get my numbers, or extend my conjecture, from scientists and experts that study climate. obviously, i'm not really the type of guy who wastes much time citing publications, since true data tends not to help change minds. i would be happy to dig a little more if beneficial.

at the end of the day, sure, scientists are paid to research certain things. I'm glad there are some public dollars going to scientists. and sure, some of those scientists may be paid to reach a certain conclusion. Of course, alternative/'green' (notice the quotes) are huge upcoming cash cows and I am not under a vise that a magic bullet is around the corner should we quit burning fossil fuels tomorrow. I would say, scientists paid by these sort of efforts to prove certain facts about C02 is not real science, since one should go where data leads, not lead the data where intended. By extension, i certainly would rather the latter than experts who are clearly teamed with the defendant, ignoring many broad factual assessments by way of inserting cherry picked, often false claims such as 'volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans so lets keep extracting oil'

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
oh, my bad. well, i try to get my numbers, or extend my conjecture, from scientists and experts that study climate. obviously, i'm not really the type of guy who wastes much time citing publications, since true data tends not to help change minds. i would be happy to dig a little more if beneficial.

at the end of the day, sure, scientists are paid to research certain things. I'm glad there are some public dollars going to scientists. and sure, some of those scientists may be paid to reach a certain conclusion. Of course, alternative/'green' (notice the quotes) are huge upcoming cash cows and I am not under a vise that a magic bullet is around the corner should we quit burning fossil fuels tomorrow. I would say, scientists paid by these sort of efforts to prove certain facts about C02 is not real science, since one should go where data leads, not lead the data where intended. By extension, i certainly would rather the latter than experts who are clearly teamed with the defendant, ignoring many broad factual assessments by way of inserting cherry picked, often false claims such as 'volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans so lets keep extracting oil'

You said that in 200 years we burned a big part of the fossil fuels that have been accumulating for 4 billion years. Considering that new oil deposits and natural gas sources are constantly being discovered and that we are nowhere close to exhausting, your claim is baseless.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
You said that in 200 years we burned a big part of the fossil fuels that have been accumulating for 4 billion years. Considering that new oil deposits and natural gas sources are constantly being discovered and that we are nowhere close to exhausting, your claim is baseless.
I THINK YOUR CLAIM IS BASELESS!

So you're in the camp that we wont have to worry about running out of oil for another few hundred years! That way the fact that we are still burning fucktons of it doesn't matter? If anything that would just make the situation even more dire - the more we have to burn and the longer and faster we can burn it.

What i was noting originally was just how amazing it is that the earth did take billions of years to accrue these forms of stored carbon, and how in contrast we are burning it so fast. Like a, 'wow, cool fact' sort of thing. Like how you can spend all week working and your wife will spend all your money in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Exactly who is being paid? What economic interest do scientists that acknowledge the truth about man made global warming have to gain? The economic interests of those that deny global warming in the face of overwhelming evidence is quite clear.
I am making no money.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
the age of the earth number came from a lot of scientists; but even if you go with the ~2000 year number its a crazy stat
as for 200 years, i ballparked when humans really began burning fossil fuels on massive scales; then again we've been burning wood for some 2 million years technically (or 2000 if you dont agree with that number either)
Humans around for 200k years in my research.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I THINK YOUR CLAIM IS BASELESS!

So you're in the camp that we wont have to worry about running out of oil for another few hundred years! That way the fact that we are still burning fucktons of it doesn't matter? If anything that would just make the situation even more dire - the more we have to burn and the longer and faster we can burn it.

What i was noting originally was just how amazing it is that the earth did take billions of years to accrue these forms of stored carbon, and how in contrast we are burning it so fast. Like a, 'wow, cool fact' sort of thing. Like how you can spend all week working and your wife will spend all your money in 20 minutes.
We can grow biofuels in rapid fashion using algae. It's the future, but Saudis need to pump out what's underground first and make that money.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Zrick probably sides with the cigarettes companies denying that smoking causes cancer, despite the 99% of 'paid scientists' that say otherwise
But doctors in the 50's said it was safe. Give your throat a vacation... it's best for you. /satire
1635194635684.png

1635194697448.png

1635194735531.png

1635194798495.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Lol the self proclaimed genius hasn't figured out that the forums share off topic.

Sick master's degree, bro
LOLOLOLOLOL

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
epic ads! makes me want a cigarette...