GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Let's extrapolate on your example. People are being silenced for simply having an opinion or sharing information. The ones being purged from social media are not 'yelling' about anything. It's like me walking into that 7/11 with a t-shirt that says MY GTI IS FAST and the owner tells me to leave because he likes Hondas. He doesn't want my business and he's prejudiced. That's essentially what's happening. Another double standard.
Meanwhile, GAB has 750% more traffic now and they are expanding their servers.
They are not being silenced.. They can still, and more than likely do, run around screaming their opinion to anyone that will lend an ear.

They are being removed from a privately hosted site, that is a business at heart, and their skin in the game is to make money.

Go host your own site, where you can say whatever you want... Or is Parlor not down with you? Social media was never a platform of free speech, it was/is a business venture and data mining scheme. They are private entities, not government run commodities. The fact that Twitter was even allowed to be a platform for anything Government related is insane.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Parler and wherever have been isolated by the major internet companies.

Shouting into the abyss doesn't generate revenue like shouting at people who disagree with you.

An isolated business model and "social" media is a pretty funny combination that isn't likely to continue ballooning. Half the fun of saying crazy shit online is getting people riled up. If we all agreed this thread would have died on the vine in July.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They are not being silenced.. They can still, and more than likely do, run around screaming their opinion to anyone that will lend an ear.

They are being removed from a privately hosted site, that is a business at heart, and their skin in the game is to make money.

Go host your own site, where you can say whatever you want... Or is Parlor not down with you? Social media was never a platform of free speech, it was/is a business venture and data mining scheme. They are private entities, not government run commodities. The fact that Twitter was even allowed to be a platform for anything Government related is insane.
Amazon is shutting down Parler...Democracy dies in darkness.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Amazon is shutting down Parler...Democracy dies in darkness.
Oh my.. A company is shutting down something that potentially could cast a bad light on them, when they're in the business of making money?

Go start your own media site, and figure out how to pay for it. It's not different than being upset over a product being dropped because it wasn't profitable for a company.

We like American Capitalism, no? This is just the gears at work, my friend. Money talks, everything else walks.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

It’s funny to me when I think, people believe their words are not monitored and tracked.

My HR has been sending out emails for months warning folks to keep their political thoughts to themselves both at and away from work.

I know one was texting around because he couldn’t get through his initial encryption on Thursday morning. That afternoon we got an email reminding us words have consequences. Now he’s gone silent on social media.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
A coup is anti-democratic bro.

It's laughable to shout about mUH Freedoms when trying to stop the democratic process through force.

Ninjas gonna ninja.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It’s funny to me when I think, people believe their words are not monitored and tracked.

My HR has been sending out emails for months warning folks to keep their political thoughts to themselves both at and away from work.

I know one was texting around because he couldn’t get through his initial encryption on Thursday morning. That afternoon we got an email reminding us words have consequences. Now he’s gone silent on social media.
Coming from IT in the military, and OPSEC and everything, and just good internet practice in general it amazes me the amount of public shit people post.

The days of hitting the bricks and letting a resume or work presence speak for itself are gone. Companies are running you through Google before they even consider you for an interview. They're looking at every social media site or public forum you may be attached to. Don't go boozing around and posting it public, and then wonder why companies don't want to hire you. Don't use your professional email for stupid shit, etc. etc.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

And this isn't even close to new.

People have been getting shot down at work for this kind of stuff for years now. And before social media people found other ways to run afoul of HR, so it didn't begin there either.

Expose the company to liability, find your ass being loaded into the roof catapult.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
oh god,🤦‍♂️ ...people who don't remember that shops, web forums, twitter etc are all private places when the OWNER allows you the public into them to use or purchase items from...

If they don't like you they can eject you, they don't have to sell to you or allow you on their forum....basic law....in a court they would then have to give the reason for ejection which would then have to stand up to the courts legal scrutiny.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Coming from IT in the military, and OPSEC and everything, and just good internet practice in general it amazes me the amount of public shit people post.

The days of hitting the bricks and letting a resume or work presence speak for itself are gone. Companies are running you through Google before they even consider you for an interview. They're looking at every social media site or public forum you may be attached to. Don't go boozing around and posting it public, and then wonder why companies don't want to hire you. Don't use your professional email for stupid shit, etc. etc.

I post some dumb shit from time to time, and probably say things a bit too far. But in comparison, saying I’m happy to kill to defend my republic and it’s constitution 12yrs after discharge is way different then Zrickety defending sedition.

On edit: just googled my handle and it leads to some 20yo gamer/DJ, some old dead people, and some posts I’ve made on other forums.

so ooots ooots oooots, anyone wanna bet beat down on this new game I’m playing with uber leetness!!?

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
IMG8816723674020945009.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I post some dumb shit from time to time, and probably say things a bit too far. But in comparison, saying I’m happy to kill to defend my republic and it’s constitution 12yrs after discharge is way different then Zrickety defending sedition.

On edit: just googled my handle and it leads to some 20yo gamer/DJ, some old dead people, and some posts I’ve made on other forums.

so ooots ooots oooots, anyone wanna bet beat down on this new game I’m playing with uber leetness!!?
Understandable.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Reported for Incorrect spelling of 1337ness.

Makes your 1337 status highly questionable