GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The classy alcoholics thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
When you drink every day it makes every day feel like a weekend. Until you remember it's not.
1671509080997.png

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So for Christmas, my family got Covid. It’s been 8 days since our first positive, and me and the dog are isolated downstairs while the wife and kids are quarantined upstairs. Since I’m on vacation, I’m making sure to “kill it with bourbon” and hope my luck doesn’t run out.

View attachment 268858View attachment 268859
Same, we ended up getting sick, not covid, but not fun at all

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'll have to try Jack, without telling the people in KY that I work with. I haven't had any form of it since college.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I'll have to try Jack, without telling the people in KY that I work with. I haven't had any form of it since college.

I drank a lot of Jack in my college days, but was disappointed when they lowered the proof from 86 to 80 in 2002 and have mostly avoided it for other higher proof bourbons--I know JD isn't technically bourbon. But their special bottlings at the older 86 and 90 proofs appeal to me for nostalgia. Bonded (100 proof) is good for the price, and I think their single barrel bottlings are solid.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Honestly I haven't drank Jack since before graduation. There are better American whiskey options at the same or slightly higher price, and there are various ROW whisk(e)ys at the same price that I enjoyed more.

Which reminds me - my bar cart is currently lacking a bottle of scotch :unsure:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I drank a lot of Jack in my college days, but was disappointed when they lowered the proof from 86 to 80 in 2002 and have mostly avoided it for other higher proof bourbons--I know JD isn't technically bourbon. But their special bottlings at the older 86 and 90 proofs appeal to me for nostalgia. Bonded (100 proof) is good for the price, and I think their single barrel bottlings are solid.
80 proof is for suckers. I really don’t buy anything that’s not hotter than that.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I like four roses small batch.
Just had an old fashioned with Garrison Brothers, an Austin Bourbon distillery.