GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Whilst I will not disagree with you....... Rimstock do not advertise the 1.2 as BBK clearing wheels....

That honor goes to the five spoke PR3 which uses the same rim, but the face is dished outwards a lot more....& the clearance difference is huge!!

Just look at the 1.2 & 3 on my build (in sig) both same rim/tyre size & same offset also........:cool:

So just for my education the wheels that racingline have are not the same specs as the ones in question?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Here's a picture with the racingline wheels with the racingline bbk. 18x8 et 45

Here's the 19x8.5 et 45 on my mk7r clearing the st60

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Provided they are sized correctly they will center your wheel while you torque the lugs down. If your wheel isn't centered right and can cause vibrations.

Personally, I don't want to deal with rings so I'm building them with the 57.1 center bore.

Thank you for the feedback. Hope all is well!

Thank you for the other suggestion on the PR3s; I'm not familiar with those but will do some research.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Doing well bud hope you are too!!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here's a picture with the racingline wheels with the racingline bbk. 18x8 et 45

Here's the 19x8.5 et 45 on my mk7r clearing the st60

Those are the TDPR1.2 base wheel, but if you look on the VWR website & the Rimstock web site they do not state "for BBK".

The fact that they clear your particular BBK does not make it certain that it will clear ALL BBK which could be fitted to your car in combination with different ET (offsets)

The PR3 has the face more dished outwards for clearance on BBKs with all offsets.

So you can have a huge BBK & keep the wheels "in" without having to fit spacers for clearance.

The PR3 is a rally wheel based on the Compomotive MO5, & is only made in 15x7 & 17x7 sizes.....but a standard 312mm GTD/GTI brake set up is lost in there, I know as that's what I have...

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Those are the TDPR1.2 base wheel, but if you look on the VWR website & the Rimstock web site they do not state "for BBK".

The fact that they clear your particular BBK does not make it certain that it will clear ALL BBK which could be fitted to your car in combination with different ET (offsets)

The PR3 has the face more dished outwards for clearance on BBKs with all offsets.

So you can have a huge BBK & keep the wheels "in" without having to fit spacers for clearance.

The PR3 is a rally wheel based on the Compomotive MO5, & is only made in 15x7 & 17x7 sizes.....but a standard 312mm GTD/GTI brake set up is lost in there, I know as that's what I have...

Thanks for the information. So the Racingline wheels are based off the 1.2 wheels. And the 1.3 wheels have an even greater BBK clearance design but are not the wheels that Racingline uses. That's a huge help, the 1.2 and 1.3 look so similar I don't think I would have been able to notice the difference from the pictures so that really helps. Just as a heads up the Stoptech ST60 caliper is one of the largest on the market from a width standpoint. I've owned 3 sets of BBK so I made a general assumption that if they clear these that most should be safe. In saying that your right they may not clear all, everyone should be checking with a brake template.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the information. So the Racingline wheels are based off the 1.2 wheels. And the 1.3 wheels have an even greater BBK clearance design but are not the wheels that Racingline uses. That's a huge help, the 1.2 and 1.3 look so similar I don't think I would have been able to notice the difference from the pictures so that really helps.

I said PR3....

NOT PR1.3....

PR1.3 is a light weight version in BIG sizes of the PR1.2
http://www.rimstock.co.uk/content/pro-race-13

PR5 is a rally designed five spoke in two sizes only:-
http://www.rimstock.co.uk/content/pro-race-3

PR1.2 is the BTCC & VWR wheel:-
http://www.rimstock.co.uk/content/pro-race-12

Simples..:cool:

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Provided they are sized correctly they will center your wheel while you torque the lugs down. If your wheel isn't centered right and can cause vibrations.

Personally, I don't want to deal with rings so I'm building them with the 57.1 center bore.

Thank you for the feedback. Hope all is well!

Thank you for the other suggestion on the PR3s; I'm not familiar with those but will do some research.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Just a heads up, Racingline wheels go on sale I believe starting tomorrow. Might be worth a peak to see pricing. Sale on their cup wheels and r360 wheels.

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Just a heads up I was able to order the TD Pro Race 1.2 from discount tire as well. Came in at $1000 plus a $100 mail in rebate prepaid visa gift card and an additional $60 dollar visa prepaid gift card if you used the Discount Tire CC as well as 12 months 0 interest. Not a bad deal imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Just a heads up I was able to order the TD Pro Race 1.2 from discount tire as well. Came in at $1000 plus a $100 mail in rebate prepaid visa gift card and an additional $60 dollar visa prepaid gift card if you used the Discount Tire CC as well as 12 months 0 interest. Not a bad deal imo

That's a great deal, which size did you go with?

adefendo1

Ready to race!
That's a great deal, which size did you go with?

Went w the Anthracite Grey sized 18x8 ET45...now just debating if I want to run 235's or 245's...have a 4 to 6 weeks to decide though, those rims in that particular color, size, offset and hub bore size gonna have to come straight from England

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Love the VWR wheels! Top 5 favorite wheels for the mk7.

I will say though that the 18s just look smaller than they are. Spokes don't even get near the edge of the wheel, that's why.

However, the 19s are perfection.
Whatever the choice, good pick.

adefendo1

Ready to race!
On 8" wheels 245 would actually hurt not improve performance. Stick with the 235s

Thanks for the heads up! [emoji106] Now to convince the wife that my stock tires w 6K on them won't fit properly and that I need dedicated summer tires to deal w the extreme summers here in south Texas! Lol