GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swap for leather?

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I have the cloth plaid seats in my Gti S. Someone wants to trade me their leather Gti SE interior for my cloth interior.

Would you do the swap?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I would not have leather again, I had it on my last few cars, too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter until the heating kicks in.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I would do the swap, much easier to clean, and classes up the interior [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
I’d do it. It’s so worth it IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monsta

Car(s)
Golf GTI Performance
Only if it includes the door cards and centre armrest too!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

16AutobahnGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I just came from my 16 Autobahn that had leather, and absolutely loved it. However in the summer, regardless if you’re windows are tinted and prevents UV rays and heat, you will burn your rear end or back if the sun is on any part of that seat. Flip side go to winter, leather is extremely cold and it’s freezing until your body heat and such warms it up. It may be easier to clean, however it will show scratches that you cannot get out if you swipe your keys or drop something on it. Another thought is if you put something on the seats that is star and some weight to it and it winds up stretching the leather at all, you will see that imperfection from there in out. Also over time will crack if not properly taken care of.

I just bought a 2019 Rabbit with the plaid interior, and while I’m still new to it, I’m seeing how it doesn’t get really hot, it’s just as comfy, and adds color to the interior unlike the leather just being black, black and more black.

Just some food for thought in my opinion

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I asked my kids and they don’t want me to get the leather interior. They don’t like how hot/cold leather feels depending on the weather.

So I am going to keep the current interior.