GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superpro rear endlinks: is this normal?

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Despite only installing my H&R rear swaybar + superpro rear endlinks not too long ago, both have been removed from the car as I am parting with it. What's strange is the endlinks, while looking like new and working perfectly fine before removal, now come apart like this:

IMG_20200907_150653.jpg

IMG_20200907_150702.jpg

Any idea if this is normal? I don't remember them coming apart when I was installing but didn't really try either. Nothing looks ripped or broken, both kinda just flopped open upon removal. Never made noise, worked perfect, and were bought new.

Looks like you could just install like this and the bolt will hold them together, just don't want to sell them like this if it's going to be a problem for the new owner. Appreciate any input.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Superpro was great, were willing to just send me a new replacement set with minimal fuss. For anyone wondering about their warranty process.

I'll just give these away for almost nothing to anyone that wants them cuz I feel too bad throwing them away when they look this new and worked as well as they did.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
did these clunk or have some noise or issue? I have some superpro end links and am chasing an annoying "clunk" noise and wondering if maybe this happened to mine too

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
did these clunk or have some noise or issue? I have some superpro end links and am chasing an annoying "clunk" noise and wondering if maybe this happened to mine too

Try retightening all of the bolts first before doing anything else. I had the same issue shortly after installing my RSB with the SuperPro endlinks, ended up just retightening all of the bolts and problem solved.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Try retightening all of the bolts first before doing anything else. I had the same issue shortly after installing my RSB with the SuperPro endlinks, ended up just retightening all of the bolts and problem solved.

I've cranked them down a few times, but need to do one more round of checking stuff this weekend.

AaronC1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 White SE DSG
I had these end links and had a clunk that I couldn’t get rid of. Swapped in new OEM end links, noise went away. Running 034 RSB.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I had these end links and had a clunk that I couldn’t get rid of. Swapped in new OEM end links, noise went away. Running 034 RSB.

Interesting. I had MOOGs that never had any issues but wanted to be be able to use full stiff setting on 034 RSB so got these superpros. It's hard to diagnose this because 034 products are such shite, haven't had time to get in there to recheck it all yet.

for what it is worth, one small thing that made a noticable improvement on how my car "feels" over pot holes though was putting in dynamtt under the rear seat and putting in onto the rear hatch deck lid as well, helped hide the clunk I'm getting from my shitty RSB setup and made the car a lot nicer around town and was easy to do. rear seat comes out with zero tools and rear deck lid is easy, cost about $30 worth of Niko sound insulation from amazon, and only added maybe 4lbs to the car since you can take the rear deck lid out so easy