GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superpro LCA's with wider tires

ROK

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just installed my Supaloy control arms(6000k...whatever) and have no issues at all with clearance. I am running RSE10s 18x8.5 et 45 with G Force Rivals in size 245-40. They run wider than a couple other tires in that class.

With the wheel turned full lock either direction there is still maybe 3/16" between the tires and the louvered area in the wheel well. Have not heard the slightest scrape while driving and turning full lock in a parking lot. If it rubs at auto X who gives a shit.

I also used the new MQB deadset kit for the install since I had to drop the subframe and the steering wheel is perfectly centered and the car tracks straight afterwards. There may still need to be some slight tweeks on an alignment rack but I cant tell based on driving. Freaking awesome.

While I had the car on the lift I decided to throw on the 034 Motorsport dogbone insert(V2) and rear subframe inserts. I don't really notice any extra NVH when driving normally. However, when you get on it you get this great raspy feel in your seat, wheel and pedals. I also smoothed out downshifts that would feel jarring in the car before.

The Supalloys give so much more road surface feel. Enough that you can actually sense the traction in the front wheels, something damn near impossible before. There is a hell of a lot more grip up front as well.

Very happy with all my mods so far and cant wait to install the MSS springs, IE camber plates and Eurocode strut tower brace.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Cool! Did the LCAs, Driver Gear springs and a deadset kit a few weeks back too, also did a FSB cause...racecar? Anywho it sure does feel like a different car! Took the wife's Jetta on a road trip Fri, and while the GTI was always sportier, now the Jetta feels super squishy.

I will be curious how that wheel and tire combo works after the drop. Would love to put 245/40s on my car, but I think it would result in mad rubbing. Looking at set of Enkei RSM9s in 18x8 et 50.

ROK

Passed Driver's Ed
Lowering the car by the amount I plan to does not worry me at all. The increased negative camber I will be going for should negate any rubbing issues. Next season I plan on running 255's and any wheel well interference should be able to be molded with a heat gun. Oh and I'm sure the alignment is not quite right but holy shit this is leaps and bounds better than when I put a front sway bar in my mk6 GTI without a deadest!

B95zP

Ready to race!
Lowering the car by the amount I plan to does not worry me at all. The increased negative camber I will be going for should negate any rubbing issues. Next season I plan on running 255's and any wheel well interference should be able to be molded with a heat gun. Oh and I'm sure the alignment is not quite right but holy shit this is leaps and bounds better than when I put a front sway bar in my mk6 GTI without a deadest!

Cool, based on something LeGTI encountered with a similar set up to mine, I am trying to go with a lighter wheel, near OE size.

SupaLoy A-arms with 15mm drop on stock wheels (225/40/18) = NO rubbing.

As above, with 235/40 tires on 8x18" ET 45 wheels: small rub. The outer shoulder of the front tires rub against the plastic wheel well splash guard. If looking at the drivers' side of the car in profile, the tire makes contact at the 10 o'clock position. My tires rubbed a 3" long, 1" wide hole In the fender liner at that point (no métal contact, nothing fragile behind the liner, no biggie in my book).

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Just saw the following posted to SuperPro instagram:

We now have two models for our platform. Hopefully this will help those with rubbing issues.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

DuckKnuckles

Ready to race!
Has anyone on the forum tried the versions with less caster. I plan on going lower in the future and a review on these LCAs would influence my decision on whether to get these. I'm very interested in the added caster but don't want to rub once lowered.