GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subtle lip/splitter options

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Finally shredded my Maxton lip. Considering how low it sits I’m not surprised. I want a little more of an aggressive look but I’m not into spending money on an overpriced lip that hangs way too low for an already lowered car. Been there done that.

I saw on the mk6 forums there’s plenty of nice, flush sitting pieces that don’t jeopardize clearance. The mk7 has no such option, I’ve found. The closest I’ve seen is the lip that comes standard on the clubsport.

Anyone have any suggestions I’d appreciate it. Might just go back to stock on the front end. Less hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Aerofabb v2.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Aerofabb? The facebook posse has arrived. Lol just messin guys. For durability I'd go with a Dutch. Design, maybe Aerofabb...minus the big contrast-y logo that can't be removed. Smh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Garage door lip.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Honestly at even stock ride height I’m leary of lip. Live in hilly area where lowered car would be stupid idea. Too many drives with angles...

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
The Kerscher / rieger ones look the most flush. Aerofabb and Dutch parts sit as low as the Maxton by the looks of it.

I’d say maybe the Kerscher since it’s CF and would be more durable.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
For those interested in how a Maxton lip holds up in the winter:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
For those interested in how a Maxton lip holds up in the winter

Ouch. Is that from it trying to be a snow plow? I always wondered about that.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ouch. Is that from it trying to be a snow plow? I always wondered about that.

It was a good snow plow while it lasted :/

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’m thinking of going with dutch. The hdpe will hold up much better than abs plastic. Plus its bolted on. Not too aggressive looking and according to them, the lip only adds 3/8 of an inch to the bottom so clearance should be pretty good.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I’m thinking of going with dutch. The hdpe will hold up much better than abs plastic. Plus its bolted on. Not too aggressive looking and according to them, the lip only adds 3/8 of an inch to the bottom so clearance should be pretty good.

It’s a tough balance. You get a splitter that’s too strong, as in stronger than your bumper itself, and it *could* rip the whole thing off. At least I saw one guy do that with his indestructible FlowDesigns one. Something’s gotta give when you’re dragging across pavement.

I guess I like the look of the thing more than the functionality of it, or lack thereof. Might be best to keep this part stock for me. We’ll see.