GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stuff does not work after retrofitting 9.2 Discover Pro

Jafar

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK 7.5
Hi,

I have just retrofitted a Harman MIB 2.5 with a 9.2" display.

- ACC and lane assist are not working, it shows Deactivated all the time.
- No sound.
- No maps in the cluster...

can this be fixed with OBDEleven?
I'd be happy if someone can share a guide.

Thanks!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
There are already guides for these, and yes you can fix coding/adaptation with OBD11.
If you have Component Protection active that cannot be fixed with OBD11, will need ODIS online.

The MIB 2.5 retrofit is really no different from the MIB 2 retrofit... long thread here, but most of what you need is in the first few posts.
Compare your adaptations from original MIB 2 to the adaptations of your MIB 2.5. Possibly you don't have the Vehicle Menu options for ACC/Lane Assist (although you should still be able to turn on ACC from the steering wheel).

Does the unit have Component Protection active? That would prevent sound.
The other possibility is your unit is coded for Fender/Dynaudio and you need to code for using the internal amp... or vice versa.

Assuming you had maps in the cluster with your MIB 2, this is a coding/adaptation issue... there is a long thread on this forum, but in there is a link to this thread which gives everything you need in the first post...
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/ac...diy-retrofit-guide-for-golf-alltrack.9233891/

Jafar

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK 7.5
What do you mean by component protection? Hiw can I check that?

Yes I see the MIB2.5 at startup say Dynaudio and my car doesn't have.

my previous unit didn't have navigation at all, so I didn't have navigation in the cluster.

And what about the online services? Can those be used?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Clearing of component protection requires a dealer (or authorized shop) to adapt your new module to your car. Component protection is for anti-theft. If your car thinks a module does not belong (your new MIB) the component protection fault is triggered. Depending on the module, different functions will be unavailable. For MIB (1, 2, or 2.5) there is no sound when component protection is active.

The startup screen doesn't really matter. It can be programmed to show Dynaudio, Fender, or show nothing at all. The coding matters, and is talked about in the thread I linked (same on MIB 2 and 2.5).

I actually didn't ask... do you have digital dash or analog? Either way, you will need to code the MIB and the Dash for navigation.

I don't know exactly which online services you want to use... but some can work, some cannot.