GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
AFR still super low it seems (11's at only 4.5K RPM). Wastegate % seems to be increasing over previous logs also.
Yea I noticed that the wastegate was higher. I did get to 6500 this log compared to the last at 6 I think so that might equate for some of it but it's up a bit for sure. I think my last log at the top end was mid to high 80s. This log is mid 90s. The afr is odd it dropped to low 11 for a second on this log but previously monitoring it on the screen I never see anything below 11.67 and usually it's around 11.90ish. I guess it's due to changing conditions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Significance of waste gate increasing?

How much more % is closed means how much harder the turbo will be stressed to make the requested power. If you're running a 100% closed wastegate every run, your turbo wont last long at all. This has been my understanding on that. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, please.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
A 0% Wastegate Duty Cycle (WGDC) setting will allow the solenoid to stay fully closed; which will force the turbo to run mechanical boost pressure. A 100% WGDC setting will force the solenoid to stay fully open; which will force the turbo to run maximum boost pressure. So basically like RoidRage said.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I can't seem to find any of my Cobb ots logs or my MAPerformance logs there not on my data zap anymore. If I recall I had roughly the same wastegate values on them as well, in the 90s at that time in the log

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I only see wastegate mass flow sp g/s which is not duty cycle but flow. I would imagine you want it at 0 or a really low number until you hit target boost, then it will allow more flow as the turbo is still spinning burning off the extra boost so you don't go over the limit. So having a higher number at the end isn't really telling anything, thats why i was wondering.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
under which parameter do you see that? I'm thinking it's turbine actuator final value?

This parameter is what you are looking for.

I always forget if Cobb is if it shows say 70% it is 70% closed or it means 30% closed.

I have a terrible memory with this.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I only see wastegate mass flow sp g/s which is not duty cycle but flow. I would imagine you want it at 0 or a really low number until you hit target boost, then it will allow more flow as the turbo is still spinning burning off the extra boost so you don't go over the limit. So having a higher number at the end isn't really telling anything, thats why i was wondering.
Yea from what I can see it's only flow, which to me makes sense the flow is high during boosts because, well the turbo working lol curious to see what roidrage is talking about..

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Have you logged Cobb's IS38 OTS. Map notes show peak at 29 tapering to 26 at redline so seems pretty aggressive.

No sir, i havent even downloaded that map but yea 29 is a little high for my liking on an is38. i can just picture that exhaust impeller shooting down the downpipe haha

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
This parameter is what you are looking for.

I always forget if Cobb is if it shows say 70% it is 70% closed or it means 30% closed.

I have a terrible memory with this.
I've noticed they arnt very precise with their wording sometimes lol

Navi

Autocross Champion
this is what it says on their website:

Turbine Actuator Final Value WGDC actuator position result after PID correction.

so it's the position but like mentioned before... is it the closed position or open position? I agree, they aren't that great with their words.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
this is what it says on their website:

Turbine Actuator Final Value WGDC actuator position result after PID correction.

so it's the position but like mentioned before... is it the closed position or open position? I agree, they aren't that great with their words.
To me I would take it as percentage open. So if it's at 80, that's 80 percent open? Makes sense at high throttle and boost. I just don't know why i see numbers over 100 in some logs I've seen. How can something be over 100% open haha

EDIT: nvm I see the value, the turbine actually doesn't go over 100. I'd say the higher the number the more c
Open it is. Only makes sense to be because of the boost pressure at the same time.

Last edited: