GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange knocking

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You might be hearing the injectors, depending on tone and volume.

Mk7VW

Banned
It's not the injectors and I have the soundaktor unplugged. I can hear the injectors ticking. I will try to get a video.

Mk7VW

Banned
Sounds normal, as long as you don’t have any check engine lights/fault codes and the car operates normally, I wouldn’t be concerned.

Does your have that marble sounding knock as well? I have 1 person on vwvortex vouch that his has been doing it after 500 miles.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Yes, mine makes the same sound for 10-20 seconds right after a cold start.

Has only recently begun doing it, 13000 miles on the odo.

Gut-feeling says it's oil-pressure related... Still running oem oil, but frequent changed (3-5K miles). Wish I could diagnose it: don't like that sound...

Mk7VW

Banned
Yes, mine makes the same sound for 10-20 seconds right after a cold start.

Has only recently begun doing it, 13000 miles on the odo.

Gut-feeling says it's oil-pressure related... Still running oem oil, but frequent changed (3-5K miles). Wish I could diagnose it: don't like that sound...

13,000 miles and 1500 miles is LOW for having a engine noise. I just changed my oil last night and inspected for metal shavings in the filter and oil and nothing was found. I replaced the filter with oem vw, new garbage plastic drain plug, and Pentosin High Performance II 5W40.

djadama

Ready to race!
Yeah that does not sound normal. You can hear the intermittent knock. Keep us updated with their findings.