GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI vs F250 Super Duty

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So the truck driver (mid 2000's V8, lifted with large wheels, and annoying lights) was tailgating me across a bridge. I wasn't going slow, but there was traffic in front of me. I had seen him weaving in and out of traffic before he got behind me, so clearly he was in a "hurry". The two lane bridge opens up into 4 lanes, so he got in the lane next to me after traffic had cleared in front of us and started to gas it. I was waiting for this and already down in 3rd (we were doing about 50 at the time). I kept pace with him until I heard him go WOT, then so did I. He pulled ahead a little at first, but once I hit 4th I waved at him while starting to gain car lengths. Let off at the speed limit... somewhere in the world... probably... and got in front of him when we hit traffic since he was in the fast lane. He didn't take kindly to the fact my wife and I were laughing hysterically at him, and then did a very risky overtake, that I almost blocked before realizing he was willing to crash into people, and let him in. We ended up going to the same City, so I was following him the whole way. I hope he was embarrassed.

After we got back home I looked up the spec's.... and can't say I'm surprised in the end. That V8 makes such little power it is a joke. I figure it's a fun story though, so I thought I would share.