GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI Mk7 Dyno

VipAlexS

Passed Driver's Ed
Did someone run a stock GTI Mk7 North America on the Dyno before a tune?

Saw this on YouTube, the person just ran the car on the Dyno to see the real stock output. Looks like 220HP 275 lb-ft torque! Pure Stock.

Even some videos online you see the GTI Performance Pack and every driver is saying you "Don't feel the difference in pickup"

Only handling due electronically-controlled limited-slip (It can transfer up to 100% of torque to either front wheel to help eliminate both torque steer and understeer.)

Attachments

• Dyno copy.jpg
    Dyno copy.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 40,362

Irishace

Ready to race!
Nice, We're neighbours than. I wanted to make sure!

Nice, if the PP was out at the time I got the car I would have opted for it for the diff only. I was always going to tune the car so it would flash over the additional power anyway. To me the power pickup is worthless.

flygteye

Ready to race!
Mine was 210.51hp / 225.82tq. Bone stock. Dynojet dyno.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
My guess is that the PP really doesn't add any power, that is all for marketing. Remember when the mk6 R for the N.A. market was supposedly detuned? Multiple dynos showed that it had the same tune as ROW. Not sure why VW is not upfront with their power figures. At least we get more power than expected though!

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
My guess is that the PP really doesn't add any power, that is all for marketing. Remember when the mk6 R for the N.A. market was supposedly detuned? Multiple dynos showed that it had the same tune as ROW. Not sure why VW is not upfront with their power figures. At least we get more power than expected though!

Yeah I would agree the PP is the same power-wise. I drove a PP GTI last summer and it didn't really feel any faster than the one I have now..

That LSD though......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoBog

Ready to race!
PP is worth for the LSD and the bigger brakes.

BleezyD

Ready to race!
I'd love to see some more stock dyno graphs. Neuspeed has said on their site that their stock GTI was pulling 225hp stock.