GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sticker-less Sun Visor PN

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Not even sure why youre here, this is golfmk7, not golfmk6
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware there were laws prohibiting this. My mistake, sir. Won't happen again. :rolleyes:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed. Removing the sticker may have been one of the first things i tried (coming from the mk5/mk6 world; i believe i'm even in the original vortex thread linked). IPA didn't cut it. Bumped up to acetone and lifted it in seconds. Glad Zero was able to point to the correct P/N. I had heard at one point that they had discontinued all the unstickered ones, but that's all hearsay and i have never tried to order.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Agreed. Removing the sticker may have been one of the first things i tried (coming from the mk5/mk6 world; i believe i'm even in the original vortex thread linked). IPA didn't cut it. Bumped up to acetone and lifted it in seconds. Glad Zero was able to point to the correct P/N. I had heard at one point that they had discontinued all the unstickered ones, but that's all hearsay and i have never tried to order.

Did you use pure acetone or nail polish remover? Wet a paper towel and let it sit? For how long? Any pressure applied? Share the method. :)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Did it remove all trace of it completely, or is there a slight shadow left behind? Let's call it a ghost of the sticker haha.

Did you use pure acetone or nail polish remover? Wet a paper towel and let it sit? For how long? Any pressure applied? Share the method. :)

Curious on details as well.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I've never hid the method, and try to share it any time the discussion comes up. Acetone, real acetone like stuff you get from a hardware store. Damp a sponge with it, apply to surface for ~1 minute. Sticker will soften and lift. If it doesn't come off in one piece, or isn't completely lose (you'll see it start to wrinkle) rewet the sponge and apply for another minute. No ghost or trace left behind.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I've never hid the method, and try to share it any time the discussion comes up. Acetone, real acetone like stuff you get from a hardware store. Damp a sponge with it, apply to surface for ~1 minute. Sticker will soften and lift. If it doesn't come off in one piece, or isn't completely lose (you'll see it start to wrinkle) rewet the sponge and apply for another minute. No ghost or trace left behind.
picture? also does your car smell like 'acetone' ?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
NOT Doubting using acetone but i'm surprised it doesn't also mess with the fabric!

unless your car is pretty new i would also be surprised there isn't some fabric fading around the sticker from sunlight and time, but thats just me.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Ever so slight white ghosting on driver side from rubbing white sticker. Passenger is pretty much perfect. No car doesn't smell like acetone. I drove the car later that day. If you hold the acetone too long it'll swell/loosen the fabric for a day, but after 24h or so it all tightens back up when the acetone fully evaporates off. Perks of working in a chem lab with ready access to it. BTW, i did this years ago when the car was under a year old. This car is now 5 years old.
2019-12-31 16.52.00.jpg
2019-12-31 16.51.54.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wow, i'm a believer!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ever so slight white ghosting on driver side from rubbing white sticker. Passenger is pretty much perfect. No car doesn't smell like acetone. I drove the car later that day. If you hold the acetone too long it'll swell/loosen the fabric for a day, but after 24h or so it all tightens back up when the acetone fully evaporates off. Perks of working in a chem lab with ready access to it. BTW, i did this years ago when the car was under a year old. This car is now 5 years old.

Nice. I'm going to have to do this. Thanks.