GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 m240i vs Vortex std Mk7R

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
A car friend of mine has a really nice m240i and we rolled from maybe 50 and he walked me fairly slowly (to maybe 100+?). Tried to record it but camera didn’t work. He had a passenger and I didn‘t. FWIW he’s on MHD 2 91oct tune with catless DP and Kyostar intake. I’m on Vortex std with stock dp, 91oct custom e-tune. Both cars are automatic but I don’t think his is DSG/ DCT. He either can’t or doesn’t keep up in the turns but walks me in the straights. Sorry no video. Nice car and great performance for the money.

(his picture)
1689622462919.png

Last edited:

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
These things move for sure, my dad has an M235i (same car but with the older N55 engine rather than B58) with BM3 Stage 1 93 octane and it really rolls out. It feels like it would pull on my buddy's stage 2 MK7R

How much power do you think you're making with the Vortex on stock dp?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
These things move for sure, my dad has an M235i (same car but with the older N55 engine rather than B58) with BM3 Stage 1 93 octane and it really rolls out. It feels like it would pull on my buddy's stage 2 MK7R

How much power do you think you're making with the Vortex on stock dp?
Yeah it’s faster than I’d expect but that engine responds so well to mods, like the ea888 :). I have a hard time trying to put a number on power for my car. ~400whp/ 400 ft-lbs? Seems like somewhere around there but I really don’t know. I almost want to pay for a dyno run but unsure if I’ll care enough to do that. Maybe I will if I go with an ethanol map.

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
B58 is a monster of a motor. Sounds like your R holds up quite well. I got destroyed by a tuned B58 M340i in my tuned IS20 Alltrack.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Yeah it’s faster than I’d expect but that engine responds so well to mods, like the ea888 :). I have a hard time trying to put a number on power for my car. ~400whp/ 400 ft-lbs? Seems like somewhere around there but I really don’t know. I almost want to pay for a dyno run but unsure if I’ll care enough to do that. Maybe I will if I go with an ethanol map.
Yeah BMW really knows how to make a 6 pot!

400/400 is a pretty solid performance level to be at especially on 91, I'm sure you're able to outrun most n/a V8 muscle at that point

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Yeah BMW really knows how to make a 6 pot!

400/400 is a pretty solid performance level to be at especially on 91, I'm sure you're able to outrun most n/a V8 muscle at that point
I’m trying to hurt egos every chance I get. It’s hilarious how well the golf does, though it seems like altitude plays a big part. It was a huge surprise when I found out that I could pull on a v10 r8 last year and I’ve been trying to see what level of performance I‘m at ever since. Ultimately I’m trying to figure out how much I need to spend to get a better performing car, which is a fun challenge. I think I’ll have to spend another 20-30k to match or exceed the performance that I have now, but there’s always a wildcard with tuning and modding.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You have any logs to share of your car with he vortex and the stock dp?