GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speed camera software for Discover Nav

Soulman B

Ready to race!
Guys
Could someone on the forum suggest a suitable site for uploading speed cameras software in the UK for the Discover Nav system on my GTD MK 7.
I am not brilliant when it comes to uploading and seem to infect my PC with about 50 viruses.
Would also need to know how to upload the software to the Golf.
Thanks in advance.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps the 1st thing is to ask if it's possible at all, from what I have read it is not possible. Or certainly not with an audible alert.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Once loaded they are visual warnings, not aural. You can only get that with a 70 quid Garmin, not the 1700 quid VW Nav Pro (roll eyes)....

'Sootchucker' on here did this and described the process - try a search on his posts.

lawrie1

Ready to race!
Once loaded they are visual warnings, not aural. You can only get that with a 70 quid Garmin, not the 1700 quid VW Nav Pro (roll eyes)....

'Sootchucker' on here did this and described the process - try a search on his posts.

There is a workaround but is is not perfect :)

I uploaded the camera database from pocketgpsworld as a personal poi's

I also have the pocketgpsworld app on my iPhone. plug the iPhone in with the app running and you get audible warnings as well.

Clunky and to be honest I don't bother.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Yes thats what he did.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Sootchucker and myself have the nav pro where the original poster doesn't. I'm pretty certain you can only have speedcam POI's on the pro and not the basic nav. Oh and the speedcam poi's work great with no issues at all.