GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacer bolt length question

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
So I’m running 5mm front and 15mm rear spacers right now and it looks amazing. im starting to find more instances than I’d like where I’m rubbing HARD in the rear when I have passengers in the car and I can’t chance messing up the rear quarter panels. Is it safe to run the bolts from the 15mm spacers on new 10mm spacers??

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
You could try running a bolt all the way in with the wheel off, brake off and trans in neutral. Then turn the hub to check for interference.
5mm too long would almost certainly fit.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Best solution is converting to wheel studs, which eliminates this issue no matter what wheel/spacer combo you run.

Or measure your clearance with the 15s in place and see how much room you have to spare.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Best solution is converting to wheel studs, which eliminates this issue no matter what wheel/spacer combo you run.

Or measure your clearance with the 15s in place and see how much room you have to spare.
What is the cost for Those? And how hard of install? I’ve replaced wheel studs before but not on a car that originally came with bolts.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What is the cost for Those? And how hard of install? I’ve replaced wheel studs before but not on a car that originally came with bolts.

They just thread in like the bolts, no modifications or special tools required.

It’s been a long time since I did mine, but IIRC about $100