GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOS: Taillights stuck on full brightness

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I have just installed the Euro Taillights on my car with the proper harness and coding (yes I've checked the code multiple times). The taillights worked properly up to the point of getting reverse lights installed and then the lights got stuck on full brightness when the running lights were turned on. Has anyone else had this problem with either US or Euro lights?

SOS since my car can't drive at night at this point

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
OBD or VAGCOM

Hey guys,

I have just installed the Euro Taillights on my car with the proper harness and coding (yes I've checked the code multiple times). The taillights worked properly up to the point of getting reverse lights installed and then the lights got stuck on full brightness when the running lights were turned on. Has anyone else had this problem with either US or Euro lights?

SOS since my car can't drive at night at this point

Sounds like you need an OBDEleven or VAG cable to access the light settings. The Dimwert setting needs to be adjusted. Take it from 28 to 11, and this will solve it. See Youtube, Paul from Deuche Auto Parts (DAP) has a vid on this.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Sounds like you need an OBDEleven or VAG cable to access the light settings. The Dimwert setting needs to be adjusted. Take it from 28 to 11, and this will solve it. See Youtube, Paul from Deuche Auto Parts (DAP) has a vid on this.

Im assuming you're talking about Dimwert CD on both channels. Both are already set to ten