GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Somewhat new here. Question about what struts I need

sdfernando

I have a 2017 GTI Autobahn with electronic suspension. I need to replace the struts. I'll be staying with stock set up. I've seen some confusing websites with regards to drivers' side, passenger side, front & rear. Is there a difference between driver/passenger side or is it just the same strut?...also have seen both strut & shocks for the rear. I don't want to purchase from the dealer as they are more expensive. I'm confused, so any assistance would be appreciated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a 2017 GTI Autobahn with electronic suspension. I need to replace the struts. I'll be staying with stock set up. I've seen some confusing websites with regards to drivers' side, passenger side, front & rear. Is there a difference between driver/passenger side or is it just the same strut?...also have seen both strut & shocks for the rear. I don't want to purchase from the dealer as they are more expensive. I'm confused, so any assistance would be appreciated.
If you are going to use stock struts your only choice is the dealer. You can have a shop order the struts but they will just get them from the dealer.

Even though you joined the forum 2 years ago this was your first post so welcome aboard. 👍

sdfernando

If you are going to use stock struts your only choice is the dealer. You can have a shop order the struts but they will just get them from the dealer.

Even though you joined the forum 2 years ago this was your first post so welcome aboard. 👍
OK...well been checking sites online (dealer is pricey) to buy from. So these wouldn't be stock but similar to OEM. My main question is looks like I have damptronic struts up front and damptronic shocks in the rear, but some other site implies struts on all four points, hence my confusion.