GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Ohlins Road And Track Coilover Suspension Kit SKU: OHLVWSMT21 (MQB Chassis) - Golf R Spring Rates - $1200 (92683)

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Lightly used 30-40k miles. They've never seen the track and only used on public roads. Have never used these on a canyon. Perfect working condition. Located in 92683, but willing to split shipping. Priced to sell as these are taking up space! PM me if you have any questions.

Price entitled is picked up (92683).

image0(3).jpeg
image1(2).jpeg
image2(2).jpeg
image4(1).jpeg
image5(1).jpeg
image6.jpeg

Attachments

• image2(2).jpeg
    image2(2).jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • image1(2).jpeg
    image1(2).jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I recommend Shaftworksusa at gmail.com located in walnut Ca. for rebuild. See Jonathan Lugod.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
You guys keep mentioning rebuilding. Do these only last 30-40k?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So hard to say, it all depends on what happened during the 40k miles. For instance if you have a tire that is a little out of balance it can make the shock move in ways that can wear it out much more quickly. The environment has an effect. Also just age of rubber parts as they dry out etc etc. Not always about the mileage. The point is you don't know so you either bolt em on and just see how they hold up and deal with it when it happens and go through install twice or deal with it now and install once. Your pref.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So you’re saying to do this? Is this per shock? Does it need to be revalved?

1CD43BB5-8267-40A6-81AB-4EB8E371FC06.jpeg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So you’re saying to do this? Is this per shock? Does it need to be revalved?

View attachment 274893
That's insane if it's just an oil change per shock. I think when I had mine done it was $500ish total, but included replacing seals, bushings, etc. I used 3DM in NC.

https://3dmmotorsport.com/collectio...ns-dfv-rebuild-service?variant=40009803333737

Ohlins are known for needing rebuilds pretty frequently, R&T aren't that bad, but if he's driving on LA roads, a rebuild at 40k would be smart.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 11.24.11 AM.png

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Thank you for the information.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
So tempting, and you're local.
Yes! Buy them now :)

That's insane if it's just an oil change per shock. I think when I had mine done it was $500ish total, but included replacing seals, bushings, etc. I used 3DM in NC.

https://3dmmotorsport.com/collectio...ns-dfv-rebuild-service?variant=40009803333737

Ohlins are known for needing rebuilds pretty frequently, R&T aren't that bad, but if he's driving on LA roads, a rebuild at 40k would be smart.

View attachment 274894
I was initially surprised when I learned this. I bought these coilovers since I was told by Ohlins that they'll last 100k miles (directly from Ohlins USA). Kind of stupid they need rebuilds so often, but IMO I think that's exaggerated... unless they're using shi* parts. I have a set of 6k coils on my other car and I was told they'd last 3-5 years w/o a rebuild... and I'm more in lines of agreeing with that.

Anywho, LMK if you're interested. These are sitting my garage and I'd like to get these sold.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve seen 100-150$ per shock. I’d trash these coils if it was 350$ per shock… which I 110% doubt is the case… but I’ve been wrong before!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
All high performance suspension should be serviced regularly, just like regular maintenance on a water flavored economy car vs a race engine the tighter tolerances = more maintenance. Staying on top of maintenance on serviceable suspension is the only way to ensure longevity, which nobody cares about on lower end throw away parts like my B14s or a oem style strut.

Bump for a good deal on awesome coilovers, I'd be all over these if I wasn't currently building my transmission.

G4ndalf

Car(s)
MK5 GTI & MK 7.5R
I had these on my Mk5 GTI with the same mileage. Driving on NYC streets with no track days and they were still as good as new. I spoke to a guy in Italy who had them on his Mk5 GTI. A combination of mostly road and track days, his covered 90km’s. He sent them to Ohlins and rebuilt them and felt no difference. As car enthusiasts, you’ll know when they need to be rebuilt.