GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD. IE downpipe for R / S3 $400

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Sold.
Almost 3 years old and approximately 20k miles. Ceramic coated. Nothing wrong with it. Went to Trackslag after going XL. V-band clamp is a little crusty but it works fine. I put anti-seize on the threads of the clamps so they all move freely.
FYI per IE the downpipe is the same whether you have a GTI or R. It’s that intermediate pipe that’s different. So if you have a gti and know a good exhaust shop then that opens the market up to more people. And no IE will not sell the connection pipe.
Ful disclosure, the fitment wasn’t perfect and so I had to notch the bracket where the hangers go into the rubber boots and use a longer bolt with washers. Maybe it’s just my car. I’ll include the shorter bolt as well. It’s work fine. Prefer local sale for now. SE Michigan and willing to meet a reasonable distance.

Attachments

• 20469D6C-AEB2-4F03-82D4-A783B2C6CD86.jpeg
    20469D6C-AEB2-4F03-82D4-A783B2C6CD86.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
  • F13A3970-8E78-4D49-A70E-63D57B5A999A.jpeg
    F13A3970-8E78-4D49-A70E-63D57B5A999A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
  • 8BA1DF81-DEB9-4087-B9C0-5454FC6EABE3.jpeg
    8BA1DF81-DEB9-4087-B9C0-5454FC6EABE3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That ceramic coating must have done wonders, that thing looks brand new...

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
That ceramic coating must have done wonders, that thing looks brand new...
Yeah it keeps things nice and is great for heat retention. It can be polished up as well.

Moce72

Passed Driver's Ed
How do u like the Trackslag? I’m also switching over after upgrading everything, I’m between Trackslag and cts catless.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
^ this. This is a great deal! I would snatch this up if I didn’t already have a downpipe. Any idea how much lower EGTs are with this? How much did it cost to get coated?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you do consider shipping, I have a buddy who might be interested. I know he was considering a downpipe for his S3, but he also might have been put off due to having to unbolt the propshaft and move it out of the way to get the downpipe out\in. But if you do change your mind about shipping, I can run it by him.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
^ this. This is a great deal! I would snatch this up if I didn’t already have a downpipe. Any idea how much lower EGTs are with this? How much did it cost to get coated?
Little over a hundred bucks. I don’t know the temp difference between coated and uncoated. Years back I checked two connecting pipes on my truck with a temp gun where one side was coated and the other wasn’t and there was a noticeable difference

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
If you do consider shipping, I have a buddy who might be interested. I know he was considering a downpipe for his S3, but he also might have been put off due to having to unbolt the propshaft and move it out of the way to get the downpipe out\in. But if you do change your mind about shipping, I can run it by him.
The prop shaft is easy. It’s the one of the nuts for a heat shield over the axle that’s a bitch to get to lol. I’ve done downpipes on these 4 times now.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Update. I saved the box for my TS so I can ship this at buyers expense. If you wish to do the calculations I prefer UPS as they’re close by and I use them often. Box is 49x13x12 and weighs 26lbs. Shipping from 48047

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The prop shaft is easy. It’s the one of the nuts for a heat shield over the axle that’s a bitch to get to lol. I’ve done downpipes on these 4 times now.

Do you think it would be doable without undoing/moving the prop shaft if the car was up on a lift, so you had more room below the car to move it around?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Pm’d

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Do you think it would be doable without undoing/moving the prop shaft if the car was up on a lift, so you had more room below the car to move it around?
Not a chance. You won't be able to remove the factory downpipe without moving the prop shaft. After you fight with the heat shield over the axle to get the support bracket off you won't even care about moving the prop shaft.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Bump for additional pics. Boxed it up today and willing to ship at buyers expense.

Attachments

• C8984F6A-FFC4-46AF-971D-17D719A9C629.jpeg
    C8984F6A-FFC4-46AF-971D-17D719A9C629.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 626AA394-3438-488B-9CE9-7D90C5AB8639.jpeg
    626AA394-3438-488B-9CE9-7D90C5AB8639.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Responded back to your Pm