GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SOLD) GTI CTS Catted Downpipe

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
$300 shipped - 65k miles. Edit: added pictures, don't mind the mess. One of the hangers snapped off and has been welded back on.

Attachments

• IMG-8964.jpg
    IMG-8964.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG-8963.jpg
    IMG-8963.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
I can get a picture posted later tonight and it steps down to fit the oem catback diameter.

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
gotcha. I would think shipping would be around $30. CTS is a two piece design and can get pretty compact.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Were you tuned so that you could pass smog with this? I'm up in Oregon, where we have CA emissions on new cars but only OBD check and no visual for smog checks. I know CTS has the cat way low past the O2 sensor, so not sure I could even pass/no CEL with just an O2 spacer and don't want to mess with readiness crap in a tune, just using a JB4... Depends on what I find out about these CTS and that low cat past the O2 setup I may be VERY interested and could pay shipping.

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly no idea if it would work with a spacer. Bought the car new and in CA you don’t smog until the 6 year mark so haven’t gone through it. What I can say is that you can swap downpipes in less than an hour so that would be the way I’d go, at least for CA.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Honestly no idea if it would work with a spacer. Bought the car new and in CA you don’t smog until the 6 year mark so haven’t gone through it. What I can say is that you can swap downpipes in less than an hour so that would be the way I’d go, at least for CA.
Thanks for the reply... I decided to get a new MAP one with the O2 after the cat so it will read cleaner and most likely to pass here with a spacer. I'm due for emissions test for first time this coming August so have plenty of time to sort it out.