GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I've been in a GTI of some sort for about 12 years, and I can say it was and still is one of my favorite cars. When it comes to best bang for your buck, they're hard to beat. Lots of storage space, fun to drive, comfortable, and decent mileage. Its hard to hate a car that has a little bit of everything.

But all good things come to an end, and last weekend I said goodbye to my '16 GTI. I made the jump to the world of V8's, having always had a soft spot for the Challenger, and picked up an Indigo Blue 19 SPS with everything but the widebody package (still got the dynamics with the tuned suspension and 6-piston brembos). Totally different car! Love it to death already, but I will absolutely miss my GTI.

Just wanted to say thank you to this community for all of the knowledge I've gained. While I haven't exactly been a direct participant outside of a few discussions, I learned a ton about my car (and cars in general) through the many FAQs, DIYs, and guides posted by those brave enough to jump first before the rest of us. Dozens of hours of frustration were avoided because I was able to find an answer in these pages.

I'm hoping years down the road the GTI/R will still be a thing, and that they will put of hybridizing it just a little longer. :D

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Congrats on the Scat pack!

I gotta bug you to take the splitter guards off though haha

You leave the bananas alone! :D Yeah, I am already getting crap from the Challenger forums for them. Told them I left them on just to see who I could get to bite. These were taken last weekend; they came off this morning!

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Sweet ride but not a daily, should of kept the gti for that

The GTI was apart of what made this fiscally possible. To me, cars are meant to be driven, so you better believe this is my daily! I plan to have this Scat Pack paid off in 3 years, though, and plan to take good care of it. Mileage is not stellar, but its not bad for such a beefy V8 (I average 24-26 on the highway and my combined for a commute week, which is 60 miles round trip a day, is about 20-21 MPG and that is even with some, uh, 'spirited' driving).

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
The GTI was apart of what made this fiscally possible. To me, cars are meant to be driven, so you better believe this is my daily! I plan to have this Scat Pack paid off in 3 years, though, and plan to take good care of it. Mileage is not stellar, but its not bad for such a beefy V8 (I average 24-26 on the highway and my combined for a commute week, which is 60 miles round trip a day, is about 20-21 MPG and that is even with some, uh, 'spirited' driving).

Been there, done that, lol. You will be back

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Yeah, I had a 2011 5.0 Mustang, I don't miss it.

Best way to do it financially is have your muscle car as a second car and keep it for a long time. The amount of money you will drop on mpg alone a month as daily makes it a cheaper option in long run to just keep the gti and have a second car like this. People often don’t look at it this way until you have had a car like that as daily and you learn, plus the gti is more comfortable for a commute.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Enjoy it! And you can always come back. Ask me how I know.