GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slow dripping water under chassis after parking?

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Here's a video and photo of what's happening after parking. Yes I've been using the AC. It hasn't been excessively humid here though. I end up with a spot of liquid on the driveway that's about the size of a frisbee. I believe it's water as it appears clear and doesn't smell like anything. I'm thinking it's AC condensation but could it be something else? And is there any way to fix it? Thanks for any advice.

IMG_2991.JPG

cb1111

What fluids are there in your car that are water? There aren't any.

It is condensation.

How do you stop it? Never use your AC - ever. Better yet, remove the AC from your car.

It is fine. Don't worry about it.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
No way to fix it because nothing is broken. Air conditioners also dehumidify, and that condensation needs somewhere to go. Either on the ground under your car, or in your footwell.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
i got the same thing. Don't worry about it. When you see oil or something pink/brown in the driveway then be concerned. I don't blame you for being worried tho

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Working as intended. Nothing to worry about. If you're concerned make sure to turn your AC off (but keep the fan running) a few minutes before you arrive at your destination.